PEAK6 Investments LLC
|PEAK6 Investments LLC|
|Key People||Matthew N. Hulsizer, Co-Founder and CEO; Jennifer Just, Co-Founder and CAO|
PEAK6 Investments is a financial services firm located in Chicago that includes market making, risk management, a hedge fund and proprietary trading operations. Peak6's core brands include: PEAK6 Capital Management, Apex Clearing, National Flood Services and Evil Geniuses, an esports business.
The company's first tech-based solution was developed in 1997 to optimize options trading and, over the past two decades, the same formula has been used across a range of industries, asset classes and business stages.
Its subsidiary PEAK6 Capital Management is a major options market maker and proprietary trading firm, which the firm says is one of the largest options trading operations in the U.S. PEAK6 also launched options news and information service The Options News Network, or ONN.tv in September 2008.
In May of 2012 Peak6 joined with Penson Worldwide Inc. to create a new entity within Penson called Apex Clearing Corp. Apex intends on acquiring the securities accounts previously held by Penson's broker-dealer arm, Penson Financial Services. In June 2012, Penson announced it was selling it's Chicago-based futures division to Knight Capital Group. 
The firm also has a simulated trading facility called WeSeed LLC (or www.WeSeed.com), which provides beginner traders with a platform to learn how to trade stocks.
PEAK6 also has interests in financial technology firms Stockgroup and ELX Electronic Liquidity Exchange and invests in and runs hedge funds. Its subsidiary PEAK6 Capital Management is an options market maker and proprietary trading firm.
In September 2014 the company said it would spin out its $2.3 billion hedge-fund business, Peak6 Advisors, which would change its name to Achievement Asset Management and focus on growth by trading European credit and stocks out of a new London office. The renamed business will continue to be led by CEO Joseph Scoby, who will buy out the roughly 50% stake in the hedge-fund business that Peak6 Investments owns.
In September 2020 BBC News reported PEAKS6 was looking to add an office in Belfast, Northern Ireland. The company said it planned to create 160 new jobs in Northern Ireland over four years, with the help of more than £1m of support from Invest Northern Ireland.  
In 2007, PEAK6 Investments was listed as one of "Chicago's 101 Best And Brightest Companies To Work For."
The company once provided online stock and options brokerage through its OptionsHouse, LLC subsidiary, which was rated among the best brokers for options traders by Barron's in March of 2009. However, OptionsHouse was acquired by E*Trade on September 12, 2016 for $725 million.
Products and Services
- PEAK6 Capital Management LLC
- PEAK6 Strategic Capital LLC
- Apex Clearing Corporation
- National Flood Services LLC
- Evil Geniuses LLC
- Matthew Hulsizer, Co-founder and Managing Partner
- Jenny Just, Co-founder and Managing Partner
- Judi Hart, Chief Operating Officer
- Jay Coppoletta, Chief Corporate Development & Legal Officer
- William Capuzzi, Chief Executive Officer at Apex Clearing and Partner at PEAK6
- Company Profile: Peak6 Investments, L.P.. Zoominfo.
- Our Company. Peak 6.
- Trading Group. Website.
- ONN.tv Launches New Options News and Analysis Channel. Peak6.
- Penson and Peak6 Team Up. Crain's Chicago Business.
- PEAK6 Investments, L.P. Company Profile. Yahoo!Finance.
- Peak6 Hedge-Fund Business to Spin Out From Chicago Trading Firm. The Wall Street Journal.
- US tech firm PEAK6 to create 160 NI jobs at new Belfast base. BBC.
- Minister announces up to 160 jobs as US technology firm launches Belfast office. Invest Northern Ireland.
- Congratulations to the 2007 Winners. 101 Best and Brightest.
- Blue Chips. Barron's.
- E*Trade Announces Acquisition of OptionsHouse. E*Trade press release.