Quantitative Brokers LLC
|Quantitative Brokers, LLC|
|Key People||Christian Hauff, CEO; Thomas Ascher, Executive Chairman|
Quantitative Brokers, LLC is a New York-based agency brokerage for the futures and U.S. cash Treasury markets founded in 2008 by Christian Hauff and Robert Almgren. The firm uses algorithms to assist in execution quality and total cost analysis (TCA).
In July of 2017, Quantitative Brokers announced a $24 million strategic investment from Centana Growth Partners. Also, in 2017, Quantitative Brokers named Tom Ascher as Executive Chairman and Ralf Roth as CEO. Roth left the firm in January of 2020 and Christian Hauff, co-founder of the firm was elevated again to the CEO spot.
Products and Services
QB provides quantitative research, algorithmic development, data analytics and high-touch service.
In 2018, QB announced they launched trade simulation and ticketing tools on the Bloomberg app portal. The suite of premium algorithms released, called Bolt, Strobe, Legger and Closer, are available on Bloomberg terminals and can help futures and fixed income investors achieve best execution.
Algorithms available include:
- Bolt - best execution across wide ranging market conditions.
- Strobe - trade on schedule and capture spread.
- Legger - multi-leg spread trading. Use quantitative techniques to intelligently manage legging risk.
- Closer - trade optimally into the close.
- The Roll - execute rolls optimally and with ease.
- Octane -a liquidity seeking strategy designed to optimally execute when urgent completion is the primary objective.
- Christian Hauff, CEO
- Robert Almgren, President and co-founder
- Thomas Ascher, Executive Chairman
- Mahender Reddy, head of algorithmic execution
- Jonty Field, head of EMEA
John Lothian News Interview, July 2014
While electronic platforms and trade algorithms have made for more efficient markets, some buyside participants believe it comes at a cost, and the cost is execution quality. Christian Hauff, co-founder and CEO of Quantitative Brokers says these same modern tools can help the buyside obtain better execution, as well as better transaction cost analysis (TCA).
- Quantitative Brokers Appoints Ralf Roth as CEO. Quantitative Brokers.
- Quantitative Brokers Appoints Ralf Roth as CEO. Business Wire.
- QB Launches Trade Simulation & Ticketing Tools On The Bloomberg App Portal. Quantitative Brokers.