|Key People||David Craig, Chief Executive Officer|
|Products||Market data and trading technology|
Refinitiv is a financial markets data and infrastructure company that came out of a 2018 deal between Thomson Reuters Corp and Blackstone Group. Refinitiv's Eikon terminals are the main rival to Bloomberg. 
The firm, formerly the Financial and Risk business of Thomson Reuters, offers market data and infrastructure services to more than 40,000 customers in more than 190 countries.
Refinitiv is the rebranded name of an entity formed in 2018 when Thomson Reuters sold a majority stake, 55 percent, in its Financial & Risk unit to the private equity firm Blackstone Group LP. David Craig, previously head of the F&R unit, became CEO of Refinitiv following the completion of the deal, which valued Refinitiv at $20 billion.
Thomson Reuters retained a minority stake in the division.
In July 2019, it was confirmed that the London Stock Exchange had offered to buy Refinitiv for $27 billion. The move, if approved by regulators, would expand the LSE information services business.
Products and Services
The company works across a number of markets and business sectors in financial data and technology. It may be best known for its Eikon trading and market data/information platform for desktops and mobile devices.
It offers the largest FX trading platform with more than 1,700 institutional clients and more than $400 billion of FX trading on the platform per day. It also offers bond trading and auctions for central banks.
It also provides financial market data and analysis tools for investments, wealth management, regulatory compliance, market data management, enterprise risk and fighting financial crime.
- David Craig, CEO
- London Stock Exchange in talks to combine with Refinitiv. The Financial Times.
- London Stock Exchange in talks to buy Refinitiv for $27 billion. Reuters.
- LSE Soars on Bet $27 Billion Refinitiv Bid Will Boost Bourse. Bloomberg.
- LSE-Refinitiv: A data-driven deal that adds up for the City. Financial News.
- Why choose Eikon?. Refinitiv.
- Refinitiv unwraps Beneficial Ownership and Vessel data to support improved risk management. Refinitiv.