Reuben Jeffery III
|Reuben Jeffery III|
Reuben Jeffery III is chief executive of Rockefeller Financial and a board member of the firm, which offers wealth and investment management services to high net-worth individuals and others. He officially assumed the role on September 7, 2010 and is responsible for oversight of the firm and its business units which include: Rockefeller Wealth Advisors, Rockefeller Asset Management, Rockefeller Capital Partners, and Rockit Solutions. 
Jeffery previously served as a senior advisor at the Center for Strategic & International Studies in Washington, D.C. and U.S. Under Secretary for Economic, Energy and Agricultural Affairs from 2007 to 2009. He was nominated to the position by President Bush on Apr. 16, 2007, and confirmed by the Senate on June 21, 2007. Jeffery was sworn into office by Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice on June 27.
On March 11, 2008, he was also appointed State Department’s coordinator for International Energy Affairs.
Jeffery also at one time served as the special assistant to the president and senior director for international economic affairs at the National Security Council. Jeffery also acted as the representative and executive director of the Coalition Provisional Authority Office (CPA) at the Pentagon, after having served as an advisor to Ambassador Bremer in Iraq. Prior to joining the CPA in May of 2003, Jeffery was special advisor to the president for Lower Manhattan Development, where he coordinated ongoing federal efforts in support of the longer term recovery and redevelopment of Lower Manhattan in the aftermath of Sept. 11, 2001.
Jeffery spent 18 years working for Goldman, Sachs & Co., where he was managing partner of Goldman Sachs in Paris (1997-2001) and of the firm’s European financial institutions group (1992-1997) in London.Before joining Goldman Sachs, Jeffery was a lawyer with the New York firm of Davis Polk & Wardwell.
Jeffery received his BA in Political Science from Yale University in 1975 and Juris Doctor and MBA from Stanford University in 1981.
- Rockefeller Wealth Firm Chooses Ex-Diplomat For CEO. DOW JONES NEWSWIRES.
- Rockefeller Financial Appoints Jeffery as CEO. Investment Advisor.
- Rockefeller Financial Names Reuben Jeffery III Chief Executive Officer. Press release.
- Biography. U.S. Department of State.
- Appointment of Reuben Jeffery III, Under Secretary for Economic, Energy and Agricultural Affairs, as Coordinator for International Energy Affairs. U.S. Department of State.
- CFTC Announces Resignation of Chairman Reuben Jeffery III. U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission.
- Who is Goldman Sachs. Goldman Sachs.