Rosenthal Collins Group LLC
|Rosenthal Collins Group, LLC|
|Key People|| J. Robert Collins, Founder & Managing Member|
Scott Gordon, Chairman and CEO
Jason Manumaleuna, President & Chief Financial Officer
|Products||RCG Onyx Plus, Futures Trading, Clearing and Brokerage Services|
Rosenthal Collins Group LLC (RCG) is a Chicago-based independent futures commission merchant (FCM) that has been in the business since 1923. RCG offers services from trade execution through settlement, including electronic trading and floor-based trade execution services, as well as brokerage, managed futures, clearing, settlement and post-trade support offerings. It also offers client services and customer support.
The company is family owned and serves a variety of customers including: introducing brokers, commodity trading advisors, other FCMs, hedge funds, commercial hedgers and professional and individual traders.
Rosenthal Collins Group traces its roots to the formation of Greene and Collins in 1923 as a clearing member at the Chicago Board of Trade. J. Robert Collins joined the family firm and later became chairman of Collins Commodities, which it formed in a merger with John S. Morris & Co. in 1977. In 1988, Collins Commodities merged with Rosenthal & Co., started in 1970 by Leslie Rosenthal, one of the driving forces behind the creation of the first financial futures contract, the GNMA. The merged company was called Rosenthal Collins Group.
Scott Gordon, former chairman of the Chicago Mercantile Exchange, was appointed president and CEO of RCG in 2004. He was elevated to chairman and CEO in 2007.
Today, RCG focuses on electronic trading and technology innovation within the futures industry. RCG began developing an Internet-accessible trading platform in 2004 and introduced RCG Onyx in 2006.
After MF Global Holdings Ltd. declared bankruptcy in late October 2011, CME Group announced that MF Global customer segregated account positions would be transferred to two or more of the following five clearing members in good standing: ABN AMRO Clearing Chicago, ADM Investor Services, Dorman Trading, FC Stone, R.J. O'Brien & Associates, and/or Rosenthal Collins Group.
In 2013, the firm built a new data center that is co-located with exchanges, technology providers and other telecom infrastructure firms. The service provides access to more than 130 network service providers along with links to exchanges, clearinghouses, brokers and financial institutions.
The company's co-founder, Leslie Rosenthal, passed away on Sept. 16, 2017 at the age of 84.
Products and Services
RCG is a direct clearing member of all major U.S. futures exchanges and has access to global markets through a network of correspondent relationships. Its trading capabilities encompass futures and options on futures, as well as the global cash foreign exchange markets.
The firm provides trading execution, clearing, brokerage, institutional foreign exchange (FX), managed futures services and a full range of electronic trading services. RCG has a wide range of institutional, commercial, professional and retail customers around the world, as well as a network of more than 150 introducing broker and correspondent brokerage relationships.
RCG introduced managed futures services in January of 2007.
In 2017, the firm expanded on its New York presence with the establishment of new Structured Products and Institutional Foreign Exchange divisions. RCG appointed Brian Ager president of the firm’s new Institutional Foreign Exchange (FX) Division in New York.
RCG offers its own electronic futures trading platform, RCG Onyx Plus, multiple additional front-end applications, and a variety of industry standard solutions for automated trading and risk management. Its services are backed up by an off-site data center that provides infrastructure redundancy for business continuity.
- RCG Onyx Plus - the downloadable application for futures trading;
- RCG Onyx Plus WebTrade - trade from anywhere with an internet connection;
- RCG FIX API – connectivity and data for futures trading systems;
- RCG Server Hosting Solutions – RCG’s infrastructure for custom futures trading platforms;
- RCG Passport – allows real-time monitoring of online futures trading accounts;
It also offers other trading platforms as well for customers.
- J. Robert Collins, Managing Member
- Scott Gordon, Chairman & CEO
- Jason Manumaleuna, President & CFO
- Rich Mackey, Deputy President
- Patrick Carey, Executive Vice President, Strategic Implementation
- Robert Turner, Executive Vice President, Chief Operating Officer
- Rosenthal Collins Group - NFA ID 0000756
- Historical Timeline. RCG.
- Who We Are. Rosenthal Collins.
- Re: Notification of Post-Relief Transfer Pursuant to Commission Regulations 190.02(a)(2) and 190.06(g)(2)(i). CFTC.
- Insight -Two firms flourish in frenzied MF Global aftermath. Reuters.
- Technology Overview. RCG.
- Rosenthal Collins Group Statement on the Passing of Futures Industry Pioneer Les Rosenthal. RCG.
- Exchange Access. RCG.
- Historical Timeline. Rosenthal Collins Group.
- RCG Appoints Hilton Sheng to Head New Structured Products Division. RCG.
- Rosenthal Collins Group Names Brian Ager President of New Institutional Foreign Exchange Division. RCG.