Spectrum Global Fund Administration
|Spectrum Global Fund Administration|
|Headquarters||Chicago, with offices in New York, Cayman, San Francisco and Columbus|
|Key People||Michael Griffin, founded the firm and serves as Executive Chairman; David Young is Chief Vice Chairman of the firm.|
|Products||A technology platform provider that offers administration and middle office services to leading emerging hedge funds and fund of fund managers|
The Spectrum Global Fund Administration is an independent and privately owned fund administrator that has more than USD30bn in assets and serves about 230 funds and 90 legal entities. The firm serves as a technology platform provider that offers administration and middle-office services. The Spectrum management group includes former heads of well-known futures commission merchants, as well as former executives from exchanges including the Chicago Board of Trade.
Spectrum seeks to stake its claim as a major player in the space by delivering products, data and on-time services that anticipate clients’ needs and drive growth.
- Michael Griffin founded the Spectrum Global Fund Administration in 1998. He is Executive Chairman of Spectrum, and is responsible for the overall strategic direction of the company. Prior to founding Spectrum, Griffin served as the Chief Operating Officer of Fenchurch Capital Management, was a Director of Kleinwort Benson Private Bank Limited and served in a variety positions within the financial services industry.
- David Young joined Spectrum in March of 2002 as Chief Financial Officer. He is currently Vice Chairman of the firm. Prior to joining Spectrum, Young was the Chief Operating Officer of one of the largest privately held specialist operations in the United States. He researched and created a start-up proprietary trading company in Dublin, Ireland that traded on the Eurex exchange in Frankfort, Germany. He was the President and Chief Operating Officer of Midland Trading, LLC, a technology based equities market making firm. Young successfully negotiated and coordinated the sale of Midland to TFM Investment Group in December of 2000.
- Glen M. Johnson is Chief Financial Officer at Spectrum Global Fund Administration. Previously, Johnson was a senior vice president and CFO of the CBOT. He left the CBOT after it was acquired by the Chicago Mercantile Exchange.
- In 2007, Barbara Lorenzen joined Spectrum as the Director of Quality Control and Audit. Prior to joining Spectrum, Barbara served as the top regulatory officer for financial compliance at the CBOT for 28 years, where she managed a staff of 35 and had responsibility for continually evaluating the financial surveillance techniques and compliance procedures to ensure market integrity. Barbara has served in a leadership role within the financial services community and is spearheading the use of technology to enhance the audit process at Spectrum.
Carol Burke joined Spectrum in August of 2006 as chief administrative officer and general counsel and was promoted to CEO in February of 2007. Her knowledge and experience in the financial services industry played an integral part in shaping the strategic, financial and operational components of Spectrum’s global business. Prior to joining Spectrum, Burke was the EVP/chief of staff and General Counsel of CBOT Holdings, Inc. through the completion of its 2005 IPO. Her responsibilities included all corporate, legal, regulatory, legislative and administrative functions of the CBOT. She left the position at Spectrum in 2009.
Products and Services
Spectrum’s system was developed by incorporating concepts and functionality from notable investment managers. Spectrum provides traditional fund administration and middle office services on a daily, weekly or monthly basis to both onshore and offshore funds.
Spectrum touts its proprietary technology – the Virtual Back Office - as one of its greatest strengths. Leveraging this technology, the company rolled out the web portal, SpectrumPlus.
- Spectrum Global Fund Administration Appoints Head of Product Development and Strategy. Hedgemedia.
- About Us. Spectrum.
- Spectrum Management Team. Spectrum Management.
- Management Team:Chicago. Sprectrum Global Fund Administration.
- CME to dominate management of CME-CBOT. Boston.com Business.
- CME announces new leadership. Medill.
- "The Edge of the Hedge:Spectrum's Four Pillars of Focus". Spectrum.
- Spectrum Global Fund Administration LLC: Company Statement. 365 Media.