|Key People||Robert D. Merrilees, Chairman; Stephen A. Brodsky, CEO|
|Products||Technology-focused trading firm that specializes in equity options|
Spot Trading is a privately held, technology-focused trading firm active in multiple markets including cash, options, futures, and other derivatives. The firm is located in the Chicago Financial District and has grown considerably since its creation in 1999.
In November of 2010, Stephen A. Brodsky was named chief financial officer of the company. In 2013, Merrilees was promoted to the newly created position of chairman and Brodsky assumed the role as CEO. Robin McInerney assumed the role of CFO.
In June of 2014, Spot Trading was named one of "Chicago's 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work for" by the National Association of Business Resources (NABR) for the fourth consecutive year. 
In March of 2014, Spot Trading announced the launch of a blog dedicated to talking about technology solutions. The firm said it hopes to stimulate thinking and promote collaboration in open source and other industries.
- Rob Merrilees, Founder, Chairman
- Stephen A. Brodsky, Chief Executive Officer
- Edward Haravon, Chief Operations Officer
- Michael Hoban, Partner, Portfolio Manager
- Robin McInerney, Chief Financial Officer
- Carlos Saez, Chief Investment Officer
- Daniel Penley, Director of Algorithmic Trading and Execution
- Nigel Young, Chief Technology Officer
- Proprietary Trading Firms. Traders Log.
- Spot Trading Elevates Merrilees To Chairman, Brodsky To CEO, McInerney To CFO. Tucson News.
- Spot Trading L.L.C.. BusinessWeek.
- Spot Trading Names Stephen Brodsky Chief Financial Officer. Spot Trading.
- Spot Trading Elevates Merrilees to Chairman, Brodsky to CEO, McInerney to CFO. Spot Trading.
- Spot Trading Named For Fourth Consecutive Year As One Of "Chicago's 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For. Spot Trading via PR Newswire.
- Spot Trading Named One of "Chicago's 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work for". PR Newswire.
- For Spot Trading, the whole is greater than the parts. The Chicago Tribune.
- Spot Trading Chosen for Second Consecutive Year As One Of The Chicago Tribune's Top Workplaces. PR Newswire press release.
- printf(“Hello World!\n”);. Spot Trading LLC.