|Occupation||Chief Operating Officer|
Sparke is also chairman of the Futures and Options Association (FOA), now FIA Europe, the main trade association for the European derivatives industry. He took up the position in July 2007 when Roy Leighton retired from the board. He is also a member of the board of directors of FIA Global.
Sparke's career spans 27 years in the UK financial-services industry, primarily in interest rate trading and futures and options brokerage. Most recently, he was managing director and global head of exchange-traded derivatives at UBS, and has driven a number of the technology-led changes within the futures commission merchant sector.
He currently holds a number of executive and non-executive directorships, including Euronext.Liffe where he chairs the audit and risk committee, and Patsystems. He is also a special advisor for the Futures Industry Association (FIA) board directors  and a member of the CFTC Global Markets Advisory Committee. 
Sparke graduated with a law degree from Nottingham University in 1979.
- Group Board. Marex Financial.
- Steve Sparke. LinkedIn.
- Leadership. FOA.
- Press Release. FOA.
- Industry Association to Probe Exchange Clearing. FinExtra.
- Key Personnel. PatsSystems.
- Press Release. FIA.
- Global Markets Advisory Committee Members. Commodity Futures Trading Commission.
- CFTC, Toothless Regulator, Looks to Take a Bite Out of Derivatives. Huffington Post.