Swap futures are futures contracts based on interest rate swaps. They are designed to give fixed-income market participants a new way to hedge spread risk, for example from mortgage-backed securities, corporate bonds and Agency debentures. Swap futures are alternatives to OTC cleared swaps that are required to trade on swap execution facilities known as SEFs.
- CME Group 2 Year USD Deliverable Interest Rate Swap
- CME Group 5 Year USD Deliverable Interest Rate Swap
- CME Group 10 Year USD Deliverable Interest Rate Swap
- CME Group 30 Year USD Deliverable Interest Rate Swap
Eris Exchange was founded in 2010 specifically as an alternative to the OTC swaps market as regulatory developments in the wake of the financial crisis pushed more trading activity onto centrally cleared markets. Eris swap futures are cleared by CME Clearing. Eris' primary products fall into two buckets: Eris Standards and Eris Flexes.
- Swap Futures: On the Verge of Success. Futures Industry Magazine.
- ICE Licenses Swap Futures Methodology From Eris Exchange. WallStreet & Technology.
- CME Europe plans Q1 swap future launch. FOW.