Thomas J. Hammond
|Thomas J. Hammond|
|Employer||ICE Clear U.S.|
Additionally, he serves on the board of directors for the Financial Services Division and the Chicago Operations Division of the Futures Industry Association and participates in the Chicago Federal Reserve Bank’s Working Group on Financial Markets.
On September 29, 2016, ICE announced that Hammond would retire as president of ICE Clear U.S. on January 1, 2017 and that Hester Serafini, currently COO, would become president. Hammond will begin transitioning his ICE Clear U.S. responsibilities to Serafini starting October 1, and, beginning January 1, will take on new responsibilities advising on global strategic clearing initiatives.
Hammond is a veteran in North American derivatives clearing operations. Before joining ICE, he was managing director, trading operations at the Chicago Board of Trade (later the CME Group),  where he played a leadership role in the Common Clearing Link. He joined CME Group in 2003.
From 1986-2002, he was employed by the Board of Trade Clearing Corporation (BOTCC), where he rose to executive vice-president and chief operating officer. His responsibilities included overseeing a staff of 170 employees, including risk management and technology groups, as well as operations and business development.
Hammond earned a bachelor of science degree in business administration from Lewis University in Romeoville, IL.
- ICE Clear US. Business Week.
- Management. Intercontinental Exchange.
- Press Release. ICE.
- ICE names Thomas Hammond president and COO of US clearing unit. Finextra.
- Thomas Hammond. LinkedIn.
- 1999 Annual Report. Clearing Corporation.
- 1998 Annual Report. Clearing Corporation.
- 1997 Annual Report. Clearing Corporation.
- Board of Trade Clearing Corp.Promotes Hammond to SVP. Securities Monitor.
- NFA Appoints Special Committees. NFA.