Typhon Capital Management
|Key People||James Koutoulas,|
|Products||Commodity Trading Advisor, Commodity Pool Operator|
Typhon Capital Management is a Chicago-based commodity trading advisor (CTA) and commodity pool operator (CPO) that opeates several trading programs, as well as the Hydra Multi-Strategy Agricultural Fund.
The firm was founded in 2008 and is led by CEO and NFA board member James Koutoulas. In July 2014, the firm merged with Trevinci Capital Partners is a CTA affiliate of Silveus Insurance Group, America’s largest crop insurance broker. Under the terms of the deal, Trevinci took a minority stake in Typhon. Also, one of Trevinci's programs, the Trevinci Liquid Ag Strategy, trades exclusively for Typhon clients.
Typhon also owns Typhon Access, operator of Hydra, a CFTC-registered platform that allows qualified investors access to managed strategies within a pooled vehicle. In the words of Koutoulas, Hydra is "AlphaMetrix without the fraud."
- Typhon Capital Management - NFA ID 0398233
- Typhon Access - NFA ID 0471829
- Typhon Holdings, Inc. - NFA ID 0400785
- James Koutoulas - NFA ID 0400671
- Board of Directors. Commodity Customer Coalition.
- Typhon and Trevinci Capital Partners Merge. Press Release.
- As CTAs recover, Typhon Access grows. Opalesque.