|Products||Weather forecasts, data and trading services|
WSI Corporation has been used by many of the energy, power and weather trading desks for weather data, forecasting and weather updates which they can utilize as guides to their trading decisions. Now, WSI offers weather services to the agriculture, insurance and other weather-impacted industries. WSI was bought by NBC (GE), Blackstone and Bain Capital.
Products and Solutions
Energy & Risk Solutions
- The energy and risk services marketplace is constantly impacted by weather. At WSI, their solutions are to provide weather intelligence, manage risks and make critical decisions with confidence. Top energy trading groups, financial institutions, and utility companies turn to WSI for easy-to-use, timely, and accurate weather information that is delivered and tailored to their specific needs.
- To help agriculture trading professionals and meteorologists stay ahead of how the weather affects key growing regions around the globe, WSI has developed a comprehensive agricultural weather service - WSI AgTrader.
- About 375 television stations worldwide use WSI weather data. Clients include CNN, The Weather Channel, FOX News Channel, ABC News, CBS News and local network affiliates throughout the United States.
- Over 100 million people view WSI products daily.
- Over 80 percent of all domestic flights are briefed with WSI weather before departure.
WSI serves major airlines including American, Delta, US Airways; air carriers including Federal Express, UPS and the FAA.
- WSI is a sister company to The Weather Channel and weather.com.