|Founded||June 2, 2003|
|Key People||Joseph Guinan, CEO|
As of June 2016, Advantage was number 30 on the list of FCMs in terms of assets held in segregation.
Advantage Futures emphasizes technology, credit/risk management, customizable back-office operations and personalized client services for institutions, hedge funds, CTAs, proprietary trading groups and professional traders. Advantage Futures' personnel provide technology-driven clearing and execution services for futures trading.
Advantage Futures' services include a technology infrastructure with two trading facilities, server colocation at multiple data centers and a disaster recovery center. They also have a 24-hour Global Execution Desk and technology support, credit/risk management and operations support. The firm works with diverse institutional clients that utilize high volume execution and value-added trade ideas.
In 2015, Advantage Futures was listed in "Top 10 Brokerage Firms For Day Trading" by Investopedia 
Advantage Futures provides trading access to most domestic and foreign exchanges through both direct clearing memberships and correspondent broker relationships. Advantage is a clearing member or exchange member of the CME Group (including CME, Chicago Board of Trade (CBOT), NYMEX, COMEX, KCBOT),NFX (Nasdaq Futures Exchange), ICE Futures U.S.,ICE Clear U.S., ICE Futures Europe, ICE Clear Europe, LCH, The Clearing Corporation, Options Clearing Corp, CBOE Futures Exchange, Dubai Mercantile Exchange as well as a foreign approved participant of the Montreal Exchange and non-clearing member of Eurex.
- On April 6, 2016, Advantage Futures Introduced Its Economist Series 
- On March 22, 2016, Advantage Futures Expands Global Reach 
- On June 2, 2015, Advantage Futures Client Funds Record 
- On March 31, 2015, Advantage Futures and DWC Enter Agreement 
- On September 4, 2014, Futures Broker Advantage Futures Reaches Contracts Processed Milestone 
- On April 4, 2014, Advantage Futures announced that they had acquired all futures accounts from non-clearing futures commission merchant Institutional Liquidity LLC (ILQ). ILQ will transfer their futures business to Advantage effective at the close of business on April 16, 2014.
- On Apr. 3, 2013, Advantage Futures Announced the Move of the Firm's Chicago Headquarters.
- On Apr. 28, 2011, Advantage Futures Surpasses 2 Billion Contracts.
- On Apr. 4, 2011, Advantage Futures announced that client funds held by the firm attained a record level in excess of $500 million.
- On Dec. 15, 2010, ELX Futures, L.P. (ELX), an electronic futures exchange offering a global alternative to trade U.S. Treasuries and Eurodollar futures contracts, announced that Advantage Futures would become an authorized Participant and offer Futures Commission Merchant (FCM) services for ELX.
- On Dec. 8, 2010, Advantage Futures announced the promotion of Michael O'Hara to the role of President, Professional Trader Group.
- On Nov. 9, 2010, Advantage Futures began offering cross-connect access to NYSE Liffe from its Equinix Frankfurt data center. The move enabled NYSE Liffe traders to utilize the Advantage Futures cross-connect for lower latency access to the Liffe global derivatives trading platform.
- On June 8, 2010, Advantage Futures Announces Expansion 
- On Jan. 6, 2010, Advantage Futures announced Dr. Randall Kroszner, the Norman R. Bobins Professor of Economics at the University of Chicago and former member of the Board of Governors of the U.S. Federal Reserve System, would speak at the first 2010 Seminar Series event on Jan. 26, 2010, co-sponsored by the CME Group. Advantage Futures offers a monthly seminar series focusing on educating futures traders in topics ranging from macroeconomics to detailed technical analysis.
- On June 18, 2009, Advantage Futures launched a free social networking page on Twitter. The page can be accessed at www.twitter.com/FuturesNews.
- On Apr. 13, 2009, Advantage Futures announced it had been approved by the CBOE Futures Exchange (CFE) as a clearing member, enabling Advantage Futures to offer traders the ability to trade futures on the CBOE Volatility Index (VIX).
- On March 5, 2009, Advantage Futures announced its approval for clearing membership by NYMEX and COMEX. 
- On Feb. 17, 2009, Advantage Futures announced its new server hosting data center at Equinix in Franfurt, Germany, in addition to its current data centers located in Chicago and Houston. The new data center provides Advantage clients direct connection to Eurex exchange. It includes wide bandwidth connections from Chicago to Frankfurt and high bandwidth internet access providing customers the ability to connect via a secure Cisco VPN client or a secure VPN tunnel.
- On Nov. 19, 2008, Advantage Futures announced the promotion of 21-year industry veteran William Harrington to the role of executive vice president, sales manager, a new position at the firm.
- On July 24, 2008, Advantage Futures announced it had signed a software license agreement for a full installation from Patsystems. As a result of the installation, Advantage Futures now offers Patsystems’ front-ends, including Patsystems Pro-Mark and Patsystems J-Trader. The installation also provided Advantage Futures with global connectivity to derivatives markets including the CME Group, Eurex, and Liffe exchanges.
- On June 4, 2008, Advantage Futures announced it had been approved for membership with ICE Clear U.S., providing its clients with more efficient access to the ICE Futures U.S. markets. ICE Clear U.S. is the designated clearinghouse for ICE Futures U.S., and operates as a registered Derivatives Clearing Organization (DCO) under the regulation of the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC).
- On Jan. 23, 2006, FO Week’s Jim Kharouf spoke with Joe Guinan, chairman and CEO about how his firm got to be so big, so fast. The firm had risen to the number one spot in electronic trading volume at Chicago Board of Trade (CBOT) and was the top firm in interest rate volume at Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME) in 2005.
- On June 23, 2005 Advantage Futures and Trading Technologies International, Inc. announced they had reached an agreement ensuring that there were not issues between the parties regarding TT's MD Trader patents. As part of the agreement, Advantage agreed to honor TT’s MD Trader patents and agreed to only use the static ladder order entry technology provided by TT or its licensed sources. TT agreed to absolve Advantage and its customers from liability for very limited past infringement.
- Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Joseph Guinan
- Chief Compliance Officer, Lisa Jones
- Chief Risk Officer, Philip Zacharski
- Chief Information Officer, Thomas Guinan
- Chief Financial Officer, Jim Haney
- Chief Marketing Officer, Shery Johnson
- President, Institutional Sales, Michael McLaughlin
- Executive Vice President, Business Development Manager, William Harrington
- Executive Vice President, Business Development, Michael O’Malley
- Operations Manager, Philip Singer
National Futures Association Registration
- ADVANTAGE FUTURES LLC - NFA ID: 0327359
- Financial Data for FCMs. CFTC.
- The Advantage. Advantage Futures.
- The Advantage. Advantage Futures.
- Top 10 Brokerage Firms for Day Trading. Investopedia.
- Top 50 Brokers of 2013. Futures Magazine.
- By The Numbers. Advantage Futures.
- Advantage Futures Proudly Introduces Its Economist Series. Advantage Futures.
- Advantage Futures Expands Global Reach. Advantage Futures.
- Advantage Futures Client Funds Over $625 Million. Advantage Futures.
- Advantage Futures and DWC Enter Into Global Quote Spoofing Surveillance Software Agreement. Advantage Futures.
- Advantage Futures Hits 3 Billion Contracts Milestone. Advantage Futures.
- Advantage Futures to Take Over ILQ. press release via Futures Magazine.
- Advantage Futures Moves Chicago Headquarters to Accommodate Business Growth. Advantage Futures.
- Advantage Futures Surpasses 2 Billion Contracts. Advantage Futures.
- Advantage Futures Joins Patsystems XConnect. Patsystems.
- Advantage Futures Client Funds Surpass $500 Million. Advantage Futures.
- Advantage Futures Partners with ELX to Offer FCM Services. Advantage Futures.
- Advantage Futures Promotes Michael O'Hara to President, Professional Trader Group. Advantage Futures.
- Advantage Futures Brings Liffe to Frankfurt. Advantage Futures.
- Advantage Futures Announced Aggressive 15% Expansion. Advantage Futures.
- Dr. Randall Kroszner to Kick-Off Advantage Futures 2010 Seminar Series. finance.yahoo.com.
- Advantage Futures Launches "FuturesNews" Through Twitter. Advantage Futures.
- Advantage Futures Announces Approval of CFE Clearing Membership. Advantage Futures.
- Advantage Futures Announces Approval of NYMEX and COMEX Clearing Memberships. Advantage Futures.
- Advantage Futures Announces New Equinix Frankfurt Data Cenger. Advantage Futures.
- Advantage Futures Appoints William Harrington as Executive Vice President Sales Manager. Advantage Futures.
- Advantage Futures is Now Live with Patsystems. Advantage Futures.
- Advantage Futures Announces ICE Clear U.S. Membership. Advantage Futures.
- Traders have the Advantage. Futures and Options Week.
- Press Release. Advantage Futures.