|Global Association of Central Counterparties (CCP12)|
The Global Association of Central Counterparties (CCP12) was formed in 2001 by major central counterparty organizations in Europe, Asia and the Americas to share information and develop analysis and policy standards for common areas of concern.
It is a global association of 37 members who operate more than 50 individual CCPs globally across EMEA, the Americas and the Asia-Pacific region. The group frequently invites regulators and representatives from other clearing and settlement organizations, exchanges and marketplaces, financial firms and other industry associations around the world to join its meetings. Over the years, CCP12 has held meetings in places including Seoul, South Korea, Boston, Hong Kong and Tokyo.
In 2009, the G20 Leaders pledged to change the process by which non-standardised Over-The-Counter (“OTC”) derivatives were traded. In February 2020, CCP12 published ‘Progress and Initiatives in OTC Derivatives – A CCP12 Report’, its second installment in a series of reports exploring the current and future state of OTC derivatives.
Products and Services
According to CCP12's mission statement, members of CCP12 work together on issues of mutual interest and benefit to minimize global systemic risk and enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of international markets. To this end, CCP12 members collaboratively share information, develop analysis and position papers, and add to global industry and regulatory consultation and debate in order to promote development and adoption of best of breed standards and practices in CCP risk management and operational activities.
- Australian Securities Exchange
- Brazilian Clearing and Depository Corporation
- Brazilian Mercantile & Futures Exchange
- Canadian Depository for Securities Ltd.
- Canadian Derivatives Clearing Corporation
- Cassa di Compensazione e Garanzia S.p.A.
- The Clearing Corporation of India
- Chicago Mercantile Exchange
- The Clearing Corporation
- The Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation
- Eurex Zurich AG
- Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Ltd.
- Japan Securities Clearing Corporation
- LCH.Clearnet Group Limited
- Korea Exchange
- National Securities Clearing Corporation Limited
- The Options Clearing Corporation
- Singapore Exchange Limited/The Central Depository (Pte) Limited
- S.D. Indeval
- Tokyo Stock Exchange
- Zhen Xu, Shanghai Clearing House - Chair
- Teo Floor, Eurex Clearing Group - Vice Chairman
- Kevin McClear, Intercontinental Exchange - Vice Chairman
- George Kormas, TMX Group - Treasurer
Elected ordinary executive committee members are:
- Lee Betsill, CME Group
- Dale Michaels, Options Clearing Corporation
- Erica Brown, Nasdaq Clearing AB
- Piyush Chourasia, Indian Clearing Corporation
- Timothy Cuddihy, DTCC
- Agnes Koh, Singapore Exchange
- Daisuke Miyauchi, Japan Securities Clearing Corporation
- Jonathan Jachym, London Stock Exchange
- Slawomir Panasiuk, KDPW CCP
- Ketan B. Patel, HKEX
- Kausick Saha, Clearing Corporation of India Ltd
- More on CCP12. DTCC.
- CCP12 Publishes Progress And Initiatives In OTC Derivatives. Mondovisione.
- CCP12 Mission. CCP12.