China Securities Regulatory Commission (CSRC)
|China Securities Regulatory Commission|
|Key People||Xiao Gang, Chairman|
|Products||Chinese securities markets regulator|
The China Securities Regulatory Commission (CSRC) is the department authorized to govern the securities and futures markets in China. It consists of 18 departments, 36 regional bureaus and two offices in Shanghai and Shenzhen.
The commission has one appointed chairman, four vice chairmen, one secretary of the Disciplinary Inspection Commission and three assistants to the chairman. In accordance with Article 14 of the“Securities Law of the People’s Republic of China,” CSRC has set up a public offering review committee, which is formed of professionals of CSRC and invited experts from without the committee.
The basic functions of the CSRC include: 
- Establishing and lead regulatory supervisory system for Chinese securities and futures markets
- Supervise securities and related businesses
- Increase information disclosure
- Prepare to prevent or contain financial crises
- Create laws and regulations for securities markets
- Liu Shiyu, Chairman