Dow Jones Indexes
|Dow Jones Indexes|
|Key People||President, Michael A. Petronella|
|Products||Over 130,000 indexes in global markets|
Dow Jones Indexes is a full-service index provider that develops, maintains and licenses indexes for use as benchmarks and as the basis of investment products.
Dow Jones Indexes (DJI) is the marketing name for CME Group Index Services LLC, a joint venture company which is owned 90 percent by CME Group Inc. and 10 percent by Dow Jones & Company, Inc., a News Corporation company.
DJI is best-known for the Dow Jones Industrial Average, Dow Jones Indexes offers more than 130,000 equity indexes as well as fixed-income and alternative indexes, including measures of hedge funds, commodities and real estate.
Of the range of markets sectors in each of the 59 countries the DJI benchmarks cover, many are in alternative or emerging markets such as the environmental market. For example, the Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes (DJSI) were launched in 1999 to track the financial performance of companies meeting a minimum standard of energy-saving practices. The DJSI now covers trading in North America and Europe through the DJSI's partnerships with Wilshire and STOXX.
Dow Jones Indexes launched the Dow Jones U.K. Smaller Companies Index, which provides market participants with a comprehensive measure of the United Kingdom’s small and micro cap segments, on Sept. 8, 2009.
Dow Jones Indexes also recently partnered with exchange operator Climate Exchange to add emissions indexes to its environmental portfolio. DJI will market and license the Chicago Climate Exchange (CCX) emission indexes that track its carbon-emissions and sulfur-emissions trading on the CCX, the European Climate Exchange (ECX) and the Chicago Climate Futures Exchange (CCFE).
- Michael A. Petronella, President Dow Jones Indexes
- Craig Braswell, Senior Director, Global Index Operations
- Deborah Ciervo, Senior Director, International Markets and Products
- Richard Ciuba, Senior Director, Americas Sales
- Clifton S. Dy, Director, Index Development
- Jamie Farmer, Executive Director
- Francis Gupta, Director, Risk Management & Research
- David Krein, Senior Director, Product Development and Analytics
- Susan Pellegrino, Director, Marketing
- John A. Prestbo, Editor and Executive Director
- Sybille Reitz, Senior Director, Global Public Relations
- Kris Schneck, Senior Director, Data Products
- Jim Sloan, Senior Director, Technology
- Ridgely Walters, Senior Director, Client Development
- Don Williams, Senior Business Director
- ↑ CME, Dow Jones agree on joint venture. Medill Reports.
- ↑ Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes. Dow Jones & Co..
- ↑ Dow Jones Indexes Launches Dow Jones U.K. Smaller Companies Index. Dow Jones Indexes.
- ↑ Climate Exchange unit signs Dow Jones Indexes agreement. Thomson Financial.