Created in 2003, EDX London, part of the London Stock Exchange’s derivatives offering, is a Recognised Investment Exchange offering index and equity derivatives currently covering Russian and Nordic markets. EDX’s markets utilize SOLA trading technology and CC&G clearing systems. (The exchange switched all trading of derivatives on EDX to Sola, a new trading system provided by TMX Group, in December of 2009.)
In December 2008, EDX London became a wholly owned subsidiary of the London Stock Exchange.
In May 2009, the Canadian TMX Group (the result of the merger between the Montreal and Toronto Stock Exchange) took a 19.9 percent stake in EDX London as part of a wider deal which included technology in the shape of the SOLA trading platform. Together, TMX and the London Stock Exchange Group (who own the remaining 80.1 percent of EDX) plan to cooperate on a joint derivatives vision.
EDX London is a Recognized Investment Exchange, regulated by the United Kingdom’s Financial Services Authority.
In September 2009, EDX London chose the Scila market surveillance system from Cinnober Financial Technology. This deal added derivatives to the list of instruments that are being monitored by the Scila system.
- Eurex and LSE to counter Liffe with equity options trading. Financial Times.
- Article. A-Team Electronic Trading.