|Federation of European Securities Exchanges|
The Brussels-based Federation of European Securities Exchanges (FESE) is an industry association that represents operators of European-regulated markets and other market segments, encompassing securities, financial derivatives and energy and commodity derivatives arenas. With 24 members, FESE represents close to 40 securities exchanges from all the countries of the EU, Iceland, Norway and Switzerland.
FESE also co-operates with European settlement and securities depository organizations and works closely with the European Association of Central Counterparty Clearing Houses (EACH).
As of June of 2009, FESE members had around 12,321 companies listed on their markets, of which 11 percent were foreign companies contributing toward the European integration and providing broad and liquid access to Europe’s capital markets. Many of its members also organize specialized markets that allow small and medium-sized companies across Europe to access the capital markets; 2,289 companies are listed in these specialized markets/segments in equity, increasing choice for investors and issuers.
The main counterparts of FESE at the European level are the European Commission, European Parliament, EcoFin Council, the European Securities Committee, and the Committee of European Securities Regulators. At the international level, FESE engages in a dialogue especially with the CFTC, the SEC, and IOSCO.
Objectives of FESE include:
In a meeting in July of 2009 with the Committee of European Securities Regulators (CESR), the body charged with ensuring consistent regulation across European member states, FESE called for brokers’ internal crossing engines to be classified as either systematic internalisers (SIs) or multilateral trading facilities (MTFs) rather than over-the-counter (OTC) services.
Products and Services
- Athens Exchange
- Bolsas y Mercados Españoles (BME), incorporating:
- Bolsas y Mercados Españoles (Barcelona)
- Bolsas y Mercados Españoles (Bilbao)
- Bolsas y Mercados Españoles (Madrid)
- Bolsas y Mercados Españoles (MEFF)
- Bolsas y Mercados Españoles (Valencia)
- Borsa Italiana
- Bratislava Stock Exchange
- Bucharest Stock Exchange
- Bulgarian Stock Exchange
- Budapest Stock Exchange
- Cyprus Stock Exchange
- Deutsche Boerse
- Euronext incorporating:
- Euronext Amsterdam
- Euronext Brussels
- Euronext Lisbon
- Euronext Paris
- ICE Futures
- Irish Stock Exchange
- Ljubljana Stock Exchange
- London Metal Exchange
- Luxembourg Stock Exchange
- Malta Stock Exchange
- OMX Nordic Exchanges,incorporating
- OMX Nordic Exchange Stockholm
- OMX Nordic Exchange Helsinki
- OMX Nordic Exchange Copenhagen
- OMX Riga Stock Exchange
- OMX Tallinn Stock Exchange
- OMX Vilnius Stock Exchange
- OMX Nordic Exchange Iceland
- Oslo Stock Exchange
- Prague Stock Exchange
- SWX Swiss Exchange
- Warsaw Stock Exchange
- Wiener Börse
- Petr Koblic, President
- Anthony Attia,, Vice President
- Rainer Riess - Director General
- Rosa Armesto - Deputy Director General
- Sara Baldi - Senior Policy Adviser
- Lucie Langer - Senior Policy Adviser
- "FESE: About Us”. Federation of European Securities Exchanges.
- Press Release. FESE.
- FESE Renews Calls For Reclassification Of Broker Pools. The Trade News.