|Foreign Exchange Professionals Association|
|Key People||Adam Cooper, Chairman|
The Foreign Exchange Professionals Association (FXPA) is a trade group launched by the FX industry in 2014. Its constituency represents a number of FX participants from all over the industry. FXPA aims to work with US and international regulators and policymakers to educate the public and the media about, and to advocate for, the foreign exchange markets.
Its stated goal is to advance a sound, liquid, transparent and competitive global currency market.
The FX market is estimated at approximately $5.3 trillion-a-day.
Products and Services
FXPA membership includes a number of institutions from all segments of the industry: buy-side, exchanges, clearing houses, trading platforms, MTFs, and technology companies. The 10 initial founding members are the Bank of New York Mellon, CalPERS, Campbell & Company, Citadel, CME Group, GFI Group, LCH.Clearnet, LMAX Exchange, Traiana and Virtu Financial.
In December of 2014 FXPA added five more institutional members: Bloomberg Tradebook Services, Cürex, FastMatch, Nasdaq and Singapore Exchange (SGX). Those five members have joined FXPA’s founders’ council and become members of the initial board of directors.
- Adam Cooper, senior managing director and chief legal officer at Citadel, is chairman.
- Derek Sammann, senior managing director, global head of commodity and options products, CME Group is vice chair.
- Craig Messinger, executive vice president, global head of trading and risk for FX, derivatives, fixed income and equities at BNY Mellon Global Markets, is treasurer.
- Eric Busay, portfolio manager at CalPERS, is secretary.
Founding Board Members:
- Key Industry Leaders Launch Foreign Exchange Professionals Association. Forex Magnates.
- New Forex trade body launched today – Foreign Exchange Professionals Association (FXPA). LeapRate.
- Newly minted Forex Professionals Association (FXPA) adds five new member firms to board. LeapRate.