James E. Staley
|James E. Staley|
|Employer||BlueMountain Capital Management|
James "Jes" Staley is managing partner at BlueMountain Capital Management LLC and a former JPMorgan Chase & Co. executive. He joined BlueMountain in early 2013 after more than three decades at JPMorgan.
Staley worked for JPMorgan for over 34 years. His roles included chairman of the corporate and investment banking unit and chief executive of JPMorgan's investment bank. Before becoming CEO, he helped the investment management division double assets under management to $1.3 trillion.
He was removed as chief executive in July 2012, after JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon reorganized the business segments and appointed two younger executives to be co-chiefs of commercial and investment banking.  Staley was at one time seen as a possible candidate to take over from Dimon as CEO of JPMorgan. 
- Barclays set to pick Jes Staley as chief executive. The Financial Times.
- What Hiring Jes Staley Could Bring to Barclay's Investment Bank. Bloomberg.
- Dimon Diaspora Faces Biggest Challenge Yet. New York Times.
- JPMorgan investment bank chairman leaves for hedge fund. Reuters.
- JPMorgan's Staley Quits to Join BlueMountain Hedge Fund. Bloomberg.
- A Dossier on Jes Staley: J.P. Morgan's Next CEO?. The Wall Street Journal.