Posted on April 19, 2012
Location: Chicago, IL
Position: Development Lead
Eris Exchange offers an exciting and highly interactive work environment. Featuring an innovative futures contract that embeds the economics of over-the-counter interest rate swaps and provides dramatic margin savings through CME Clearing. Eris Exchange is a futures exchange committed to opening up access through both electronic and traditional voice trading venues.
Eris Exchange has implemented its core platform using a diverse set of complementary technologies. Our high speed core tooling has been built using C++. Operational support and reporting tools have been developed using JRuby and RAILs and include some underlying Java components. Some of our consumer products have been developed using C#. All of these systems are deployed into a managed Linux environment and interconnected with RabbitMQ and MongoDB has been leveraged to create a high speed document storage engine.
As our environment grows we are expanding our capabilities by evolving toward an Event Driven architecture supported by WebService and Messaging technologies. We have numerous projects in our backlog with an eye to better integration with our clients and partners that will affect the technological direction of Eris Exchange, the first and only exchange approved by the CFTC as a Designated Contract Market (DCM) since the passage of Dodd-Frank financial reform legislation. The Development Lead is an opportunity for an experienced polyglot programmer to build software for new and innovative financial products, using forward looking technology. Work closely with some of the best technology professionals in the trading industry, and challenge conventional thinking to help create the environment you want to work in.
Eris Exchange is looking for a Chicago-based Development Lead candidate that will be responsible for creating and maintaining a broad range of technology capabilities, both directly and through managing vendor relationships, with a particular emphasis on software architecture for the electronic trading platform. The Development Lead reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
Key functions of the electronic trading platform include:
- order routing
- market data distribution
- trade matching
- risk management
- market monitoring
- user and product data maintenance
- performance measurement and security
Key responsibilities include:
- Build and lead a software development team responsible for creating, maintaining and supporting in-house systems and public websites
- Accountable for the quality and timeliness of software and technology delivery
- Act as primary technology stakeholder on behalf Eris Exchange, directly interacting with vendor and provider counterparts to ensure outsourced services are performed in a manner consistent with our expectations
- Select and manage tools to support the software development environment; (source code management, requirements tracking, monitoring, etc.)
- Accountable for production support
- Responsible for planning and budgeting hardware, software and network equipment needs
Qualities that a successful candidate will almost certainly possess:
- At least 10 years of professional experience
- Trading Industry Experience
- Interest rate swaps experience a plus, but not required
- Commitment to, and experience with Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, and other XP practices
- Commitment to, and experience with the principles of Agile software development
- Combination of ability to roll up the sleeves and achieve results through direct intervention and ability to manage a team toward a goal
- A successful track record as a Software Architect or Development Lead, with a desire to assume responsibility for a broader range of technology capabilities
- Willingness to address critical issues during off-hours, as necessary
- Willingness and ability to fit into a corporate culture characterized by a sense of urgency for capturing an imminent business opportunity and constant adaptation to a changing environment
About the Business:
Headquartered in Chicago with an office in New York, Eris Exchange is a Designated Contracts Market (DCM) under the jurisdiction of the CFTC. Formed by a group of Chicago-based proprietary trading firms to increase access to traditional OTC markets that are migrating to centrally-cleared trading venues as a result of recent US financial regulation, Eris Exchange has traded more than $35B in notional value of Eris Interest Rate Swap Futures since the first trades in August, 2010. Eris Exchange contracts are cleared by CME Clearing, the nation’s largest clearing house, with whom Eris Exchange has signed a long-term clearing services agreement.
Please note that we are not soliciting employment from anyone currently employed by our founding partners, our clearing services provider (CME Clearing House) or its parent (CME Group). Contact information for interested candidates: firstname.lastname@example.org
RTS Realtime Systems
Posted on February 1, 2012
Sales Manager Chicago, New York
Our dedicated Sales teams strategically drive our business close to where our customers are.
Are you a great people person? Then developing and expanding RTS’ relationships with elite financial institutions all over your region is exactly what you are looking for. You will be responsible for identifying new opportunities with your assigned accounts and thus developing your client relationships in order to grow the RTS customer base. You will work closely with prospects and clients from introduction to close and ensure a strong pipeline of sales of RTS solutions.
As an outgoing personality you will love to participate in marketing events such as seminars, webinars, trade shows and conferences to identify new business opportunities and maintain RTS’ reputation as the recognized industry leader. Being a specialist in our product suite and services, you will not only communicate new product and service opportunities such as new functionality enhancements and market information but even more so coordinate our professional staff to deliver our services and ensure customer satisfaction.
We would love to talk to you… If you are experienced in selling to the global financial community, with a sound knowledge of electronic trading of financial instruments such as stocks, options or commodities. If you can base this on a degree in Business with a focus on Finance, Marketing or Information Technology, you are fit to respond quickly to the rapidly changing technology we call our business. Please do not hesitate to get in touch if you are enthusiastic about finding new leads and prospects and do not mind traveling to current and potential clients.
At RTS you will join a dynamic, dedicated, and flexible team. In a quality and service minded working environment you will be assigned to challenging tasks and have extensive responsibilities. You will communicate with our international offices as well as our outstanding customers from around the world.
Click here to apply or submit your resume/CV and inquiry to: email@example.com
Posted on October 27, 2011
Assistant Marketing Manager
Reporting directly to the Chief Marketing Officer. This individual is responsible for assisting the CMO in managing certain aspects of the marketing functions of the firm while maintaining the highest quality client service and expanding the capabilities of the marketing team. This includes assisting with external marketing agency and internal management relationships to complete marketing needs, writing press releases, increasing media exposure and increasing awareness of Advantage.
Other responsibilities will include, but are not limited to being responsible for all social media efforts including Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn, assist in the development of advertising and sales materials, including an online advertising campaign and premiums and giveaways to generate brand identity, writing press releases and increase media exposure, assist with Advantage events and seminars, create and update website content as necessary while building a strong image and appeal for the positioning of the company while increasing effectiveness of the content for clients and non-clients, assist in the development of lead databases for effective sales prospects as well as current client bases to increase awareness of Advantage Futures, assist in the development of tradeshow materials and attend tradeshows, be responsible for design and production of our quarterly newsletter – Inside Advantage.
- Bachelors degree in Business, preferably focused on Marketing, Public Relations or Finance
- 1-2 plus years of marketing experience, financial services marketing experience highly preferred
- Strong client focus and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with changing priorities and a diverse group of people
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to provide writing samples upon request
- Exceptional presentation and organizational skills
- Series 3 certification – successful completion shall be required shortly after employment begins
To apply for this positions, please submit your resume and inquiry to:
Shirleen Roberto, Manager of Human Resources 312.347.4802 Careers@advantagefutures.com
Posted August 7, 2011
About The Company
Object Trading is an infrastructure vendor delivering a high capacity, low latency API and FIX normalization to a wide range of over 50 electronic exchange destinations.
Support Analyst Role
The second level support analyst will provide advance troubleshooting and technical support to Object Trading's clients on the FrontRunner Solution. They will be part of a global support team focused on providing customers exceptional resolution management.
Mandatory Knowledge Requirements
- Knowledge of front-office banking and finance applications, including derivatives (futures, options, spreads)
- Have a good working knowledge of FIX Protocol
- Understanding of Exchange connectivity solutions and protocols
Mandatory Skills and Abilities
- Common sense and good customer facing etiquette
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with people at all levels of the organization
- Excellent problem solving, problem management and analytical skills
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a Support Role
- Exposure to front office banking and finance applications, including derivatives (futures, options, spreads)
- Some working knowledge of scripting and programming languages
- A desire to assist customers above and beyond the call of duty
- Have fun/sense of humor
- Previous experience in finance or banking
- Well organized
- Attention to detail and a quality focus
- Able to travel interstate/internationally if/when required
- Good interpersonal skills when dealing with clients
How to Apply
Applications should send a resume and short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
OptionsCity Software, Inc.
January 10, 2012
OptionsCity is a software company specialized in building the next generation of electronic trading solutions for professional options traders and market makers. OptionsCity is committed to building a company where highly talented, challenge-hungry people thrive.
We are currently looking for a developer. The candidate will not be expected to have familiarity with the financial industry, but must be willing to work in a team environment that will expand his/her knowledge in this area. We want people that are yearning to work on cutting edge software and who are highly interested in learning how to make Java programs really fast. We understand that this is a junior position, and you may not have the experience of writing highly concurrent multi-threaded applications, but we want you to have some basic understanding of how threads leverage system resources to interact with each other (think locks, semaphores). You will be working mainly on the server side of our application, but should expect to learn other parts as well. This is an exciting opportunity and will open the door to lots of growth potential within this high growth venture. Here are some of the reasons why someone would want to work for us:
- Entrepreneurial culture (no politics, friendly)
- Fast-paced environment where serious effort will result in serious reward
- Growing company with lots of growth potential
- State-of-the-art product with a huge market need
- Great benefits: Equity incentives, excellent health and dental plan, 401K plan, PTO, tuition reimbursement, paid lunch, beverage provided by the company...
The skills we look for in candidates:
- The candidate should have at least a 4 year degree in computer science/engineering.
- The candidate ideally should be familiar with Java SE and have some experience working on medium to large scale software projects.
- The candidate should be comfortable working in various OS environments including Microsoft Windows and Linux.
- The candidate should have a clear understanding of programming multi-threaded applications and various ways of accessing shared data using synchronization primitives.
- The candidate should have an interest and willingness to learn about the financial industry, more specifically options.
Pay Rate: Based on experience + bonus + equity incentives
Location: Downtown Chicago
OptionsCity is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by Federal, State or local law. Please Note: Third party solicitations pertaining to staffing and recruitment via telephone, e-mail, fax or mail are not accepted nor permitted by OptionsCity Software, Inc.
No sponsorship available at this time (U.S. citizens or permanent residents only)
OptionsCity Software, Inc.
Spot Trading, LLC, founded in 1999, is a proprietary trading firm based in Chicago’s financial district. We trade options on equities and broad market indices. We have distinguished ourselves amongst our peers in the industry by developing world-class trading technology, an innovative trading model, and a collaborative culture. Our team is comprised of a wide variety of talented professionals, including traders, equity research analysts, financial engineers, technologists, and financial analysts.
Spot’s unique culture of teamwork encourages awareness across functional teams and fosters an environment where new ideas are continually shared, debated, and implemented. We recognize that the input of many different disciplines results in the success of our trade.
The passion, integrity and expertise of our team of professionals have driven the success of the firm since its inception. Along with our ongoing pursuit of excellence and adaptability to the changing marketplace, these will continue to be keys to our future success.
Please see our website for current openings http://www.spottradingllc.com/careers/experienced-professionals/
The Compliance Specialist is responsible for assisting in the maintenance of the firm’s compliance policies and procedures and monitoring the activities of the firm for compliance with various rules and regulations of the SEC, CFTC, exchanges and other entities. The Compliance Specialist reports to the Chief Compliance Officer (“CCO”).
- Assist the CCO with the development, implementation and maintenance of the firm’s written supervisory and compliance manual to ensure Spot’s practices remain observant to all current federal laws and exchange rules and regulations
- Educate/train staff on and monitor compliance with relevant policies and procedures and regulatory requirements
- Monitor changes in applicable regulations, rules and regulatory interpretations to determine impact on processes, procedures, *surveillance and trading systems
- Provide compliance briefs on upcoming rules, revisions to rules and industry practices
- Provide advice on general trading rules and regulations and advise on real-time trading issues
- Assist with regulatory inquiries and audits
- Conduct various procedural reviews and monitor for compliance with policies within the firm’s market making business.
- Conduct compliance reviews of trading algorithms and other technology processes
- Work closely with IT to develop, use and maintain surveillance reports
- Manage the securities registration process for the firm by ensuring employees are appropriately licensed.
Skills & Qualities
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of three years of compliance experience at a broker-dealer or exchange covering equity securities or futures
- Knowledge of SEC, CFTC and exchange rules
- Experience in a electronic trading environment
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite of programs, including Word, Excel, Access and SharePoint
- Strong oral and written communication and organizational skills
- Knowledge of WebCRD a plus.
Seeking an experienced, energetic marketing professional who is accustomed to working in a fast paced, entrepreneurial business environment within a large [financial services organization. This role is responsible for undertaking all aspects of marketing programs as required by the director of marketing. This will involve drafting press releases and marketing collateral, managing email marketing campaigns, coordinating participation in conferences and events, managing Web site content, and reporting marketing and sales metrics.
A Web-based trading and risk management solution for commodities traders, Kiodex integrates deal capture and risk management capabilities with valuation models and independent market data, including forward curves and volatilities. Banks, FCMs, hedge funds and corporations with exposure to commodity prices use Kiodex to help measure risk, design optimal trading strategies, improve price execution, manage positions, process trades and comply with financial reporting and regulatory best practices. Visit SunGard’s Kiodex at www.sungard.com/kiodex.
Principal responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following: • Management and execution of lead generation activities • Coordinating PR and advertising activities • Responsible for external and internal web sites • Collateral and sales tools management • Identify and coordinate events and speaking opportunities • Develop and execute email and direct mail campaigns • Maintaining relationships with U.S.-based industry associations and research firms • Working closely with the Global sales team • Perform competitive and market intelligence gathering
Preferred: • Experience with Salesforce.com, EmailLabs, Vocus, Omniture, and Google Adwords • Trading experience and/or knowledge of the commodity markets. Reply to Robert Garfield (email@example.com)
RGM Advisors, LLC
RGM Advisors, LLC, an Austin, Texas based firm with trading strategies in multiple asset classes around the world, is expanding its research team. This is a unique opportunity to join a sophisticated quantitative trading firm in a collaborative environment away from the usual financial centers.
We are currently seeking quantitative researchers who are capable of working within our proprietary computational research and modeling environment to develop automated trading strategies using machine learning, statistical analysis and other quantitative techniques.
- Research and development into improved modeling techniques
- Design of improved tools and processes for conducting research and building trading models
- Development and implementation of quantitative trading models for financial instruments traded in various markets
Our ideal candidates will have:
- Excellent analytical skills
- Academic background in physics, math, statistics or another quantitative discipline (advanced degrees a plus, but not required);
- Familiarity with UNIX and C++
What we offer:
- Attractive compensation and benefits
- A fast-paced collaborative team environment
- An opportunity to solve complex and intellectually challenging problems
- Hands-on training in trading and financial markets
- Casual, flexible and creative work atmosphere
Please submit resumes with cover letter and any inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org. RGM Advisors, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.