|Headquarters||Chicago, IL, USA|
|Key People||Robert D'Arco, CEO|
|Products||Trading technology software and technology services|
Launched in 2015, Chicago-based Rival Systems provides technology to professional traders and risk managers, including market data feed handlers, multi-asset trading capabilities, enterprise risk management, and smart API, for strategy development; as well as support, training, and service. 
Rival Systems was originally built as the proprietary trading and risk management system for Ronin Capital. Rival has built and supported end-to-end trading systems across a wide range of products and strategies, starting with the initial rollout to index options traders on the CBOE in 2003. In September of 2015 Rival spun off from Ronin to commercialize the Rival platform.
Since 2015, Rival has added various functionality and connectivity to its product ecosystem.
- January 2016: Rival gave users of its multi-asset trading platform access to the full range of listed products on Eurex.
- February 2016: Rival began providing ICE Futures U.S. and Europe products on its multi-asset trading platform.
- October 2016: Rival began offering connectivity to Nasdaq Futures, Inc. (NFX)
- March 2017: Rival partnered with Algo-Logic Systems to develop an integrated offering using Algo-Logic’s FPGA hardware and Rival’s trading and algorithmic strategy development software.
- May 2017: Rival and Lime Brokerage (Lime), a Wedbush Company, announced an integration combining Rival’s front-end trading and algorithmic strategy development software with Lime’s low latency execution services.
- May 2017: Rival also integrated its multi-asset trading platform into QuantHouse’s data feeds. The integration included Rival’s multi-asset trading and Smart API solution.
- June 2017: Rival introduced a secure mobile app for Rival’s enterprise risk management solution. 
- September 2017: Rival rolled-out a new options algorithm design functionality in its multi-asset trading platform.
- April 2018: Rival began offering the ability to perform Value-at-Risk (VaR) within its enterprise risk management solution.
- July 2018: Rival rolled out CTA and UTP feed handlers within its multi-asset trading platform. The addition of these equity feeds joined Rival’s existing capabilities in the futures market with feed handlers for CME, ICA, CBOE, CFE, NFX and Eurex. 
- September 2018: Rival added the Options Price Reporting Authority (OPRA) feed handler to its multi-asset trading platform.
- October 2018: Rival expanded its infrastructure to offer a fully-hosted solution for enterprise trading and risk management on European exchanges.
- March 2019: Ronin Capital began leveraging the Rival platform for options and futures trading on the Hong Kong Futures Exchange and Osaka Securities Exchange.
- August 2019: Rival Releases Real-Time Margin For Enterprise Risk Clients. 
- October 2019: Rival Releases Algorithmic Art Series 
- March 2020: Rival Systems Launches CAT Reporting Service 
Products and Services
- Rival Trader, a derivatives front-end trading system
- Rival Risk, an enterprise risk management tool to monitor the performance of a business with real-time and scenario risk views across the entire firm and individual trading groups
- Rival API, an automated trading strategy development framework
- Rival Trainer, online options training courses for beginner, intermediate and advanced levels
- Technology Services, one-on-one support, on-site training, custom strategy development, and hardware purchasing and hosting
- October 2016, Rival was shortlisted for the FOW International Awards 2016
- November 2016, Rival won the award for best Buy-Side Commodities Trading Platform
- December 2016, Rival won the FOW International Award for Best New Technology Product for Risk Management
- November 2017, Rival won the best Buy-Side Commodities Trading Platform Award for the second consecutive year.
- Robert D'Arco, Chief Executive Officer
- Rival Systems. Rival Systems.
- Who We Are. Rival Systems.
- Who We Are. Rival Systems.
- Eurex Products Now Available on Rival Trader. Rival Systems.
- ICE Futures Markets available on Rival Trader. Rival Systems.
- Rival Systems Connects to Nasdaq Futures. Rival Systems.
- Rival Systems Partners with Algo-Logic Systems. Rival Systems.
- Rival Systems Integrates with Lime Brokerage. Rival Systems.
- Rival Systems Integrates with QuantHouse. Rival Systems.}
- Rival Systems Releases Secure Mobile App for Enterprise Risk Management Solution. Rival Systems.
- Rival Systems Releases New Options Algorithm Design Functionality. Rival Systems.
- Rival Systems Releases Offering Value-at-Risk. Rival Systems.
- Rival Systems Expands into Equities Market with CTA and UTP Feed Handlers. Rival Systems.
- Rival Systems Releases OPRA Market Data Feed Handler. Rival Systems.
- Rival Systems Offers Fully-Hosted Solution for Enterprise Trading and Risk Management on European Exchanges. Rival Systems.
- Ronin Capital Expands Use of Rival Systems for Options Trading in Asia. Rival Systems.
- Rival Releases Real-Time Margin For Enterprise Risk Clients. Rival Systems.
- Rival Releases Algorithmic Art Series. Rival Systems.
- Rival Systems Launches CAT Reporting Service. Rival Systems.