|Key People||Joe Cammarata, President|
tZERO (or t0) is a distributed ledger platform for capital markets. It is a majority owned subsidiary of Overstock.com. The company's stated goal is to bring greater efficiency and transparency to capital markets through the integration of blockchain technology. t0 is also the name of the company's security token.
On June 5, 2015, Overstock announced it would offer the “world's first cryptosecurity,” on its new t0 platform. The name t0 comes from the Wall Street jargon for bond settlements, which typically take three days (“t + 3”) to finalize. According to company statements, bond trades on t0 settle the same day.
t0 had its first day of stock trading on its shared ledger on December 16, 2016.
The previous day, Overstock announced it had raised $10.9m in an offering comprising $1.9m worth of stock traded via digital assets on the t0 platform. Fifty-five people purchased a total of 126,565 shares for $15.68. 
In January of 2017, t0 acquired the assets of Singapore-based Blue Ocean Financial Technology, Pte. Ltd. and formed Blue Ocean Technologies to offer a transparent, electronic marketplace for trading U.S.-listed securities during non-U.S. trading hours.
Products and Services
- Joe Cammarata, President
- Dr. Patrick Byrne, CEO and founder
- Distributed ledger platform for capital markets. t0.
- Overstock's t0: Reconciling Fiat Currency and the Bitcoin Blockchain. Nasdaq.
- Overstock Just Closed its First Day of Blockchain Stock Trading. t0.
- t0 acquires assets of Blue Ocean Financial Technology, Pte. Ltd.. Globe Newswire.