|Vela Trading Technologies|
|Founded||1997 (as Wombat Financial Software)|
|Headquarters||New York, NY|
|Key People||Jennifer Nayar, CEO|
Vela (formerly SR Labs) is an independent global trading and market data technology company. Headquartered in New York, with offices in Europe and Asia, Vela provides low-latency market data feed handlers, market access gateways, and consolidated market data feeds for access to global markets across North America, Asia, and Europe.
Its clients include tier 1 banks, broker dealers, retail trading firms, investment banks, hedge funds, trading technology software providers, and proprietary trading firms. It offers customers a choice between direct and consolidated delivery formats.
Vela started out as Wombat Financial Software in 1997. It acquired Harco Technology 10 years later, in January of 2007.
In 2008, Wombat was acquired by NYSE in 2008 for $200 million. Six years later, Intercontinental Exchange (by then the parent company of NYSE after acquiring the exchange group in late 2012) would sell Wombat to Street Response Laboratories, more commonly known as SR Labs.
As a means of unifying these brands under one roof, SR Labs announced in June 2016 that it would be known as Vela Trading Technologies moving forward.
Right on the heels of the OptionsCity deal, Vela announced in July 2017 that it would acquire Object Trading, another provider of direct market access, risk controls and analytics.
Products and Services
Vela offers market data access, direct feed handling, a consolidated feed, distribution of market data feeds, and European best bid and offer.
- Jennifer Nayar, CEO
- About Us. Vela Trading Technologies.
- Products and Services. Vela.
- SR Labs acquires Wombat from Intercontinental Exchange. The Trade.
- SR Labs rebrands as Vela Trading Technologies. Vela.
- Vela to Expand Trading Technology Capabilities with OptionsCity Acquisition. Vela.
- Vela to acquire Object Trading complementing its recent acquisition of OptionsCity. Vela.
- Trading Technologies International sues Vela Trading Technologies over trademark infringement. FinanceFeeds.