|Occupation||Head of Global Sustainability Business Development|
Vickie Tillman is the head of global sustainability business development at McGraw-Hill Cos., parent of Standard & Poor's Corp. (S&P). She is responsible for driving growth in environmental finance and new product development. Tillman announced in December 2011 that she was considering leaving McGraw-Hill. She was previously the executive vice president of S&P from 1999 to 2009.
Prior to her appointment as executive vice president of global business in 1999, Tillman was the executive managing director of structured finance ratings at S&P beginning in 1994. In this role, she assumed worldwide operational and financial responsibilities, directing rating activity for all S&P structured finance ratings services.
Tillman joined S&P in 1977 as a municipal analyst, and has had diverse analytical and managerial responsibilities in all phases of credit analysis and criteria development. Past functions include lead analyst for S&P’s municipal utilities and revenue bonds groups, co-manager for S&P’s public finance department, and executive managing director of public finance.
Tillman led the firm’s business growth, expanding its global ratings network in Canada, Europe and Asia-Pacific. In addition, she has overseen the growth of domestic operations in California, Boston and Chicago, and as executive vice president, repositioned its business to offer credit risk solutions products and services globally.
During her time at S&P, she was a member of the executive committee; on the board of CRISIL LTD., India’s leading bond rating agency; on the advisory board of the University of Pittsburgh Graduate School of Public and International Affairs; and was the executive sponsor for S&P's diversity council.
- Executive Education, Leadership Program in Sustainability, Cambridge University (2009)
- Executive Education, Getting Business Value from IT, MIT Sloan School of Management (2006)
- By Invitation Only, Symposium for Women in Power, Harvard Kennedy School of Government (2002)
- Executive Education, Business Strategy and Development, University of Virginia - Darden Graduate School of Business Administration (1996)
- Certificate, Global Strategy, Columbia Business School (1993)
- MA, Public and International Affairs, University of Pittsburgh (1975)
- BA, Communications, University of Pittsburgh (1973)
Awards and Honors
- Best Practice Partner Award, University of Pittsburgh, Graduate School of Business (2004)
- Distinguished Alumni Award, University of Pittsburgh, Graduate School of Public and International Affairs (1996)
- Women's Achievement Award, YWCA (1992)
- President’s Award for Excellence in Management, McGraw-Hill (1991)