Ziliak Law, LLC
|Ziliak Law, LLC|
|Key People||Zachary Ziliak, Thomas F. Cashman, Michael Davis, Matt Tobin,Steven M. Bylina III, Nicholas Ghanma, Alexander Konetzki, Amanda Brady|
Ziliak Law, LLC, founded by Zachary Ziliak, is a Chicago-based boutique law firm focused on the trading and investment management industry. The firm offers a range of legal services to trading companies and financial technology firms, including fund formation, regulatory filings, transactions, litigation and compliance, as well as business advice and litigation assistance. 
Ziliak Law was founded in 2013 by Zachary Ziliak after he left Mayer Brown. The Ziliak team includes attorneys who have worked at hedge funds, prop shops, regulatory organizations, and exchanges; in financial engineering, high frequency trading, and other algorithmic trading; and on the trading floor. Ziliak's team has experience in compliance, regulatory enforcement, litigation, and corporate transactional work.
Ziliak Law was built with the needs of trading companies in mind. When registered investment advisers, proprietary trading groups, hedge funds, and commodity trading advisors have legal questions, Ziliak Law provides solutions that reflect experience on both the legal and operational sides of the trading industry.
Products and Services
With offices in the Chicago Board of Trade Building, Ziliak Law provides a wide range of legal services to trading companies and the vendors that service them.
- Zachary Ziliak, Managing Partner
- Steven M. Bylina III
- Michael Davis
- Nicholas Ghanma, Senior Associate
- Matt Tobin
- Adam Urbanczyk
- Julianne Dardanes
- High-Frequency-Trading Litigation Presents Complex Issues for Experts, Law360 (June 27, 2014) with Pavitra Kumar, and Torben Voetmann
- Regulation Ahead: Advice and Options for Automated and High-Frequency Traders
- Emphasis on Compliance: Automated and High-Frequency Trading, New York Law Journal (Nov. 5, 2012), with Fred Reinke and Robert Davis.
- TAC Recap: CFTC’s Technology Advisory Committee, October 30, 2012, MarketsReformWiki (Nov. 4, 2012).
- Roundtable Recap: SEC’s Technology Panels, October 2, 2012, MarketsReformWiki (Oct. 4, 2012).
- Guest Commentary: Regulating Automated Trading, Not Just Chilton’s Cheetahs
- HFT Rules: Three Part HFT Harmony
- A Tale of Two Issues: Zach Ziliak Breaks Down the HFT Debate 
- Financial Industry Practice - Ziliak Law. Ziliak Law, LLC.
- [TAC Recap: CFTC’s Technology Advisory Committee, October 30, 2012, MarketsReformWiki (Nov. 4, 2012). Ziliak Law, LLC.
- Roundtable Recap: SEC’s Technology Panels, October 2, 2012, MarketsReformWiki (Oct. 4, 2012). Ziliak Law, LLC.
- Guest Commentary: Regulating Automated Trading, Not Just Chilton’s Cheetahs. Ziliak Law, LLC.