Andreas Preuss is a retired exchange, technology and proprietary trading executive who most recently served as deputy chief executive officer, Deutsche Boerse AG and head of the division of IT & Operations, Data & New Asset Classes at Deutsche Boerse.
He had been a member of the executive board of Deutsche Boerse from 2006 to 2018.
He was elected chairman of the World Federation of Exchanges by the WFE's General Assembly in October 2012, at its annual meeting in Taipei, for a two-year term. He had previously served on the WFE's board of directors. 
On December 5, 2018, Preuss received a Lifetime Achievement Award at the FOW International Awards Gala Dinner in London.
Preuss joined Andersen Consulting as a senior consultant in the financial services group in 1988, moving on to the then-newly-founded DTB Deutsche Terminbörse in 1990, as head of client services. With the merger of DTB into Deutsche Boerse AG in 1994, he was appointed head of business development. He was a member of the executive board of Eurex AG from 1997, and from 1999-2000 was also a member of the management committee of the Chicago Board of Trade BOT/Eurex Alliance (later renamed A/C/E).
Preuss participated in the building of DTB and Eurex. He was instrumental in implementing the "so-called remote membership concept," which allowed Eurex to grow dynamically.
He joined Trading Technologies as European president and member of the executive board in 2000, and was appointed global president of the firm the following year. He left voluntarily after a restructuring saw two rounds of layoffs at Trading Technologies.
He rejoined Eurex from his role as chief operating officer and a member of the board of Mako Group, a London-based group of companies involved in market making and proprietary trading in key derivatives markets around the world, where he worked from 2002-2006.
He served as chief executive officer of Eurex from 2006, but stepped down from that role in 2015.
Preuss replaced Rudolf Ferscha as head of Eurex, returning to the group where he worked in a number of positions from 1990-2000.
During his tenure as Eurex CEO, the exchange acquired U.S. options exchange International Securities Exchange as a wholly-owned subsidiary.
During a proposed deal for Deutsche Boerse to merge with NYSE Euronext, it was announced Preuss would assume the role of Deputy CEO and President of the new entity.
Earlier in his career, his professional training brought him to the export business with various international trading firms, as well as a commercial banking trainee program with Dresdner Bank AG in Cologne.
At its meeting on June 16, 2008, the supervisory board of Deutsche Boerse AG appointed Preuss deputy CEO of the executive board and also extended his board membership contract by five years starting Apr. 1, 2009.
|Since October 2007
||Member of the Management Board, Eurex Services GmbH
|Since June 2007
||Chief Executive Officer, Deutsche Boerse Dienstleistungs AG
|Since June 2006
||Member of the Management Board, Eurex Deutschland
|Since April 2006
||Member of the Executive Board, Deutsche Boerse AG responsible for Derivatives & Market Data Division; Chief Executive Officer, Eurex Clearing AG; Chief Executive Officer, Eurex Frankfurt AG; Chief Executive Officer, Eurex Zürich AG
||Mako Group, London, Chief Operating Officer, Member of the Board and Partner
||Trading Technologies International, President
||Alliance CBOT/Eurex (a/c/e), Member of the Joint Venture Management Committee
||Eurex Frankfurt AG, Eurex Zürich AG, Eurex Clearing AG - Member of the Executive Board, responsible for Business Development, Marketing, Sales and Communication
||Deutsche Boerse AG - Head of Distribution and Service, Benchmark Products Division, Head of Business Development, Marketing, Sales and Product Development, Benchmark Products Division, Member of Deutsche Boerse AG Group Management
||DTB Deutsche Terminbörse - Member of “New Products” Department
(As of 08/92 Director of Customer Service Department)
||Andersen Consulting, Frankfurt - Senior Consultant, 2/89 to 06/90 participation in design and implementation of the electronic exchange DTB Deutsche Terminbörse
||Dresdner Bank AG, Cologne - Trainee program in Commercial Banking and subsequently Lending Officer, Institutional Business
||Th. Goldschmidt S.A., Martorelles, Barcelona, Spain, Export clerk for synthetic resin films
||Coutinho, Caro & Co., Hamburg, Export clerk for machinery after-sales-services for markets Thailand, Pakistan and Bangladesh
- 1982-1986 - University of Hamburg, Graduate Degree in Economics, specializing in International Management, Banking and Commercial Law
- 1979-1981 - Undergraduate Degree in Economics
- 1978-1979 - Universidad Central, Barcelona, Studies of Spanish Language and Literature
- @JohnLothian: Vermiculus Chairman Nils-Robert Persson on launching during a pandemic and structuring his company for growth
- Vermiculus Chairman Nils-Robert Persson on launching during a pandemic and structuring his company for growth https://t.co/8yi4oHl2DU— John Lothian (@JohnLothian) May 20, 2022
- @JohnLothian: Jerome Kemp is Bullish on DLT to Transform Cleared Derivatives, Potentially Displace FCM Model
- Jerome Kemp is Bullish on DLT to Transform Cleared Derivatives, Potentially Displace FCM Model https://t.co/TphPxaAu7W— John Lothian (@JohnLothian) May 20, 2022
- @JohnLothian: US law firm denounced for joining event to mark Hong Kong security law; Davis Polk criticised for agreeing to appear at commemoration of measure used in opposition crack downPrimrose...
- US law firm denounced for joining event to mark Hong Kong security law; Davis Polk criticised for agreeing to appear at commemoration of measure used in opposition crack downPrimrose Riordan - FT h...
- @JohnLothian: Analysis: Musk's ESG attack spotlights $35 trillion industry confusionSimon Jessop and Ross Kerber - Reuters
- Analysis: Musk's ESG attack spotlights $35 trillion industry confusionSimon Jessop and Ross Kerber - Reuters https://t.co/EvdV2xHDI3— John Lothian (@JohnLothian) May 20, 2022
- @JohnLothian: Ukraine Will Fight Until All Russian Forces Are Expelled, Military Intelligence Chief Says; Kyiv must reclaim territory in Crimea and the east effectively seized by Russia in 2014, Ma...
- Ukraine Will Fight Until All Russian Forces Are Expelled, Military Intelligence Chief Says; Kyiv must reclaim territory in Crimea and the east effectively seized by Russia in 2014, Maj. Gen. Budano...
- @JohnLothian: Senior Executives, Board Members Flee Russian Oil Giant Rosneft; Former German Chancellor Gerhard Schrӧder is leaving board of state-controlled company, which plays pivotal role in Ru...
- Senior Executives, Board Members Flee Russian Oil Giant Rosneft; Former German Chancellor Gerhard Schrӧder is leaving board of state-controlled company, which plays pivotal role in Russia’s economy...
We visit more than 100 websites daily for financial news (Would YOU do that?). Read the John Lothian Newsletter.