|Headquarters||London, England, UK|
|Key People||Obi Nwosu, Founder and CEO; Mark Lamb, Commercial Director|
|Products||CoinfloorEX (cryptocurrency exchange), BTC futures contracts|
In 2015, the company launched Coinfloor Market, a broker-based peer-to-peer marketplace, which allowed consumers to buy bitcoin from licensed brokers. They established a "no-fee" policy for bitcoin trading in 2017. In December, they announced the discontinuation of the policy "to be more in line with industry practice."
In January 2019, the company announced that CoinEX, the company's cryptocurrency futures exchange, had spun off into CoinFLEX, which would offer physically-settled cryptocurrency futures contracts. CoinFLEX is owned by a consortium of investors including Coinfloor, Roger Ver, and Trading Technologies.
"No BS" crypto trading platform
In February 2020, Coinfloor announced that it would be launching an "Auto Buy" service for purchasing bitcoin. The service was designed to simplify trading bitcoin for both experienced traders and newcomers alike. Coinfloor's CEO Obi Nwosu said Coinfloor was taking a "no BS" approach to crypto. The Auto Buy service will use dollar-cost averaging so that users who might be apprehensive about the volatility of bitcoin can buy small amounts over a long period of time.
Partnership with Trading Technologies
In July 2018, Trading Technologies announced that it had partnered with Coinfloor in order to fight cryptocurrency market manipulation on Coinfloor's trading platform. To accomplish this, TT uses its "Score" technology, which is designed to streamline the process of digital market surveillance and regulation.
Despite the surge of interest and activity in the cryptocurrency markets in 2017 and 2018, by October 2018 the drastic decrease in the price and trading volumes of bitcoin led Coinfloor to cut its staff. The company's CEO, Obi Nwosu, described the cuts as "staff changes and redundancies" in order to conduct "a business restructure to focus on our competitive advantages in the marketplace and to best serve our clients." According to a Financial News report, approximately 40 of Coinfloor's staff were cut.
In December 2019, Coinfloor said that starting January 3, 2020 it would no longer support trading in Ethereum and Bitcoin Cash, the only coins other than bitcoin that were currently traded on the platform. CEO Nwosu said that accommodating Ethereum's upgrades over the next years as it gradually converts to the proof-of-stake from proof-of-work protocol was not worth the likely costs.
- Obi Nwosu - CEO
- Mark Lamb - Commercial Director
- Adam Knight - Executive Chairman
- Trade with confidence on London's cryptocurrency exchange. Coinfloor.
- About us. Linkedin.
- Coinfloor Boosts Team With Ex-Goldman Sachs Exec. Coindesk.
- Coinfloor Launches Broker-Based UK Bitcoin Marketplace. Coindesk.
- UK Exchange Coinfloor Embraces 'No-Fee' Bitcoin Trading. Coindesk.
- Coinfloor to discontinue the Express Buy service, change deposit minimums, and reinstate trading fees. Coinfloor Blog.
- UK-based Coinfloor to launch physically settled bitcoin futures. Reuters.
- UK Exchange to Launch First Physically Delivered Cryptocurrency Futures Contract. CCN.
- Hong Kong-Based Physical Bitcoin Futures Aim at Retail Traders. Finance Magnates.
- UK’s Oldest Crypto Exchange to Delist Ethereum and Focus Solely on Bitcoin. Coindesk.
- UK Crypto Exchange Coinfloor Launches ‘No BS’ Service for Bitcoin Beginners. Coindesk.
- A Chicago trading firm is teaming up with a group of cryptocurrency exchanges to stamp out manipulation. Business Insider.
- Blow To Bitcoin As Coinfloor CEO Makes Worrying Warning. Forbes.
- UK’s Oldest Crypto Exchange to Delist Ethereum and Focus Solely on Bitcoin. CoinDesk.
| style="height:100px; width:100px; text-align:center;"|
@JohnLothian Twitter Feed
- The tech powering ChatGPT won't make AI as smart as humans. Others might. https://t.co/PZm0qSIvNI— John Lothian (@JohnLothian) December 5, 2023
- https://t.co/qJwQqZk5Eq— John Lothian (@JohnLothian) December 5, 2023
- https://t.co/7UkazuKa7p— John Lothian (@JohnLothian) December 5, 2023
- Tradeweb Reports November 2023 Total Trading Volume Of $38.2 Trillion And Record Average Daily Volume Of $1.80 Trillion - November 2023 ADV Up 59.2% YoY https://t.co/cnrSTwie0a— John Lothian (@...
- Vienna Stock Exchange: New Composition Of The ATX Top Dividend https://t.co/ixmi2ENsUw— John Lothian (@JohnLothian) December 5, 2023
- Moscow Exchange would halt USD trading if sanctions imposed - Reuters https://t.co/aECI2TM5Yt— John Lothian (@JohnLothian) December 5, 2023