|EDX Markets (EDXM)|
|Key People||Jamil Nazarali, Chief Executive Officer|
|Products||Digital Asset Trading|
EDX Markets (EDXM) is a new cryptocurrency platform launched on September 13, 2022 to address latent demand for digital asset trading by enabling trading of digital assets through trusted intermediaries. The new exchange will combine technology provided by MEMX with best practices from traditional financial markets for U.S. retail and institutional investors. EDXM will enable a cryptocurrency ecosystem that aggregates liquidity from multiple market makers with the aim of reducing spreads and improving transparency. Trades will be netted and settled on the blockchain.
EDXM was launched as a collaboration among a number of broker-dealers, global market makers and venture capital firms. These include Citadel Securities, Fidelity Investments and Charles Schwab Corp, as well as Virtu Financial, Sequoia Capital and Paradigm.
EDXM aims to dramatically reduce the cost of buying and selling digital assets. It will initially focus on only a handful of tokens including bitcoin (BTC).
EDX Markets was founded by a consortium of broker-dealers, global market makers and venture capital firms. It was launched on September 13, 2022.
Products and Services
Trading of digital assets
- Jamil Nazarali, Chief Executive Officer
- Tony Acuña-Rohter, Chief Technology Officer
- David Forman, General Counsel
- Digital Asset Exchange EDX Markets Launches with Backing from Leading Broker-Dealers, Global Market Makers and Venture Capital Firms. press release via Businesswire.
- Fidelity, Schwab, Citadel Securities Plan to Launch New Crypto Exchange. The Wall Street Journal.
- Wall Street Titans' New Crypto Exchange Aims to Seriously Cut Costs for Investors. CoinDesk.