Ellen Resnick is a public relations professional and president of Crystal Clear Communications, a full-service public relations firm she founded in early 2004. Throughout her career in the communications field, she has represented organizations on four continents, including most of the world’s largest futures exchanges. Crystal Clear Communications has particular expertise in financial markets, including futures, options, equities and over-the-counter markets. It represents global exchanges as well as leading, award-winning brokerage, trading and fintech/regtech firms.
Her firm currently represents:
- R.J. O'Brien & Associates, the oldest and largest independent futures brokerage and clearing firm in the U.S.
- Marex, a London-based global commodities specialist, and Marex North America
- Trading Technologies International, Inc. (TT), a global provider of professional trading software, infrastructure and data solutions
- CloudMargin, London-based creator of the world’s first cloud-based collateral and margin management platform
- Eventus Systems, a global trade surveillance and market risk platform provider
- CQG Inc, a global provider of technology for trading, market data, technical analysis, and risk and account management
- Cassini Systems, a London-based, award-winning firm that provides pre- and post-trade margin and collateral analytics for derivatives market participants
- DV Trading, a Chicago-based proprietary trading firm
Periodic and past clients and projects have included:
- FairX, a new futures exchange that was acquired in 2022 by Coinbase
- Intellectual Property Exchange International, Inc. (IPXI)
- Intercontinental Exchange (sole outside PR counsel from 2005 - 2009)
- Duco, a London-based technology provider of hosted reconciliation services
- FIA 
- Rival Systems, LLC, a Chicago-based trading and risk management software company
- Allston Trading, LLC
- RTS Realtime Systems Group (acquired by Bloomberg)
- GreenKey Technologies, creator of an artificial intelligence and voice-driven collaboration tool for financial market participants
- Environmental Financial Products (and its Chairman and CEO Richard Sandor), the predecessor company and incubator to the Chicago Climate Exchange and American Financial Exchange
- DriveWealth, LLC, a global digital trading technology company offering digital brokerage and access to U.S. securities markets to broker-dealers, advisors and online partners worldwide
- Holly Duran Real Estate Partners LLC, a global commercial real estate strategy and advisory services firm (acquired by Colliers International)
- Tradovate, an online brokerage firm for active, self-directed futures traders acquired by NinjaTrader
Resnick was previously head of corporate communications for the Chicago Mercantile Exchange Inc. from 1994 to 2003.
At the CME, Resnick served as senior corporate relations and corporate communications officer and chief spokesperson for CME. She was responsible for all communications, as well as the CME's civic, charitable, special events and international relations activities.
Under her direction, live television coverage of the CME increased from a handful of live broadcasts per year during the 1990s to thousands from the trading floors in 2003, including CNBC, CNN, CNNfn and Bloomberg Television.
She also served as a director of the Chicago Mercantile Exchange Foundation, established in the wake of 9/11. CME incurred a one-time expense of $1 million and distributed donations from CME, its shareholders and employees, to various agencies and charities offering relief and support to victims and their families.
Before joining the CME, Resnick in 1991 founded the corporate communication department for Kemper Securities. While at Kemper, Resnick earned Series 7 and Series 63 brokerage licenses.
Resnick served as communications director and press secretary for the late U.S. Senator Paul Simon (D-Ill.) in his successful 1990 re-election campaign.
From 1985 to 1990, she provided public relations services while at Jasculca/Terman and Associates, Inc. to a broad range of clients, including Fidelity Investments, the Israeli Consulate General and the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery.
Resnick was an Illinois State Scholar. She earned a bachelor of arts degree with high distinction in political science from the University of Michigan.
- @JohnLothian: Editorial: The great Ken Griffin exit and what it does and does not portend via @Yahoo
- Editorial: The great Ken Griffin exit and what it does and does not portend https://t.co/m8WUbm2Gsq via @Yahoo— John Lothian (@JohnLothian) June 28, 2022
- @JohnLothian: FTX CEO Sam Bankman-Fried says ‘no active M&A conversations with Robinhood’ via @Yahoo
- FTX CEO Sam Bankman-Fried says ‘no active M&A conversations with Robinhood’ https://t.co/ohY98aysww via @Yahoo— John Lothian (@JohnLothian) June 28, 2022
- @JohnLothian: Hong Kong can be a hub, not just for capital going into China, but also funds coming out of mainland for M&A, ex-SFC chairman says | South China Morning Post
- Hong Kong can be a hub, not just for capital going into China, but also funds coming out of mainland for M&A, ex-SFC chairman says | South China Morning Post https://t.co/nvnCUgR11l— J...
- @JohnLothian: Cryptocurrency is ‘biggest Ponzi scheme in human history’, Chinese execs from state-backed blockchain drive say | South China Morning Post
- Cryptocurrency is ‘biggest Ponzi scheme in human history’, Chinese execs from state-backed blockchain drive say | South China Morning Post https://t.co/kWnBJ3dYIt— John Lothian (@JohnLothi...
- @JohnLothian: Hong Kong, Singapore investors filling void in London property left by mainland Chinese retreat | South China Morning Post
- Hong Kong, Singapore investors filling void in London property left by mainland Chinese retreat | South China Morning Post https://t.co/xFwmcvxmeZ— John Lothian (@JohnLothian) June 28, 2022
- @JohnLothian: Will SBF go Robin Hood on Robinhood? | Financial Times
- Will SBF go Robin Hood on Robinhood? | Financial Times https://t.co/a4J4qn47s3— John Lothian (@JohnLothian) June 28, 2022
We visit more than 100 websites daily for financial news (Would YOU do that?). Read the John Lothian Newsletter.