G. H. Financials
|G. H. Financials|
|Headquarters||London, Chicago, Hong Kong|
|Key People||Mark Phelps, Group Chief Executive Officer|
|Products||Listed derivatives clearing, market access|
G. H. Financials is a provider of global clearing services for exchange traded futures and options contracts on the world’s leading derivatives markets and has provided market access and clearing services to professional traders and institutions around the globe since 1993. G. H. Financials clears on over twenty-five exchanges globally. It is headquartered in London and operates subsidiary businesses in both Chicago and Hong Kong.
G. H. Financials (GHF) was founded in 1993 by Gedon Hertshten as a clearing firm for local traders on the LIFFE.
In 2010, G. H. Financials became the first “remote trading member” of the Tokyo Financial Exchange (TFX), allowing the firm to give traders direct access from the UK to TFX, providing clearing and settlement services as well.
In 2012, the firm began operating its U.S. subsidiary in Chicago to coordinate all US clearing and settlement services to its professional trading clients.
In 2013, GHF opened its third office in Hong Kong. In September 2013 Peter Lovell moved from the London office to become head of G. H. Financials (Hong Kong) Ltd. The firm tapped former NYSE Liffe co-CEO Mark Ibbotson to become group CEO. Ibbotson began as CEO October 7, 2013.
In 2014, the firm became a General Clearing Member on Eurex. It was previously a non-clearing member.
In April 2015, GHF became the first remote clearing participant of the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Two months later, in June 2015, GHF was accepted as a participant of the Hong Kong Futures Exchange and Hong Kong Clearing Corporation subsidiaries of Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Ltd.
In December 2015, Sharon Shi Ning replaced Lovell as head of GHF's Hong Kong subsidiary, while Lovell became special adviser to the company.
Products and Services
G. H. Financials offers electronic execution and clearing on the major futures exchanges, including CME Group, ICE, Eurex, NYSE Liffe, TMX Group, and ASX.
- Gedon Hertshten, Founder
- Mark Phelps, Group CEO
- Sharon Shi Ning, Managing Director, G. H. Financials (Hong Kong) Ltd.
- Duncan Paterson, Chairman of the Board
- Juliam O'Leary, COO
- Ben Hepden - Group Chief Financial Officer
- Gemma Lloyd - Chief Business Development Officer
- Kylie Wong - Deputy Managing Director, Head of Finance Risk and Compliance, G. H. Financials (Hong Kong) Ltd.
- Geno Luchmun - General Counsel
- Sheena Griffiths - Global Head of Human Resources
- Tracy Hetherington - Global Head of Regulatory Risk, Compliance & Trade Surveillance
- Tony Butcher - Global Head of Service Delivery
- ↑ Company Overview of G. H. Financials Limited. Bloomberg.
- ↑ 20 Year Anniversary. G.H. Financials.
- ↑ G. H. Financials gets remote access to Japan. Financial Times.
- ↑ Global Futures Commission Merchant G. H. Financials, LLC Opens Chicago Office for U.S. Clearing Services. Bloomberg.
- ↑ Mark Ibbotson named head of UK clearing group G. H.Financials. Financial Times.
- ↑ GH Financials to become full member of Eurex. FOW.
- ↑ G. H. Financials Joins ASX 24 and ASX Clear (Futures) as First Remote Clearing Participant. BusinessWire.
- ↑ G.H. Financials accepted as participant of HKFE and HKCC. Automated Trader.