Gerstenberg & Company
|Gerstenberg & Company, Inc.|
|Founded||1856 to 1986|
Gerstenberg & Company was a Chicago Board of Trade member firm founded in 1856 by Charles Gerstenberg. Charles son Erich joined the CBOT in 1879 and son Adolph joined in 1882 and Gerstenberg & Company had four generations of Gerstenbergs that worked for the company before it was sold to fellow CBOT firm O'Connor & Company, Inc. in 1986.
Gerstenberg became a clearing member of the CBOT in 1915. The cleared owned and leased grain elevators and cleared agricultural futures business for commercial grain firms and local traders.
- Annual report of the trade and commerce of Chicago, Volume 64. Chicago Board of Trade.
- Annual report of the Board of Trade of the City of Chicago, Volume 60. Chicago Board of Trade.
- Gerstenberg Headstone. Armknecht Chicago Photos.
- Third Annual Statement of the Trade and Commerce of Chicago for the year ending December 31, 1861 Reported to the Chicago Board of Trade. Chicago Board of Trade.
- SEVENTH ANNUAL STATEMENT OF THE TBADE AND COMMERCE OF cHICAGO FOR THE YEAR ENDING MARCH 31, 1865 REPORTED TO THE CHICAGO BOARD OF TRADE. Chicago Board of Trade.
- Raymond Gerstenberg,Board Of Trade Senior. Chicago Tribune.
- Herringshaw's city blue book of biography : Chicagoans of 1919 (Volume 1919). Google Books.
- History of the Board of Trade of the City of Chicago. University of Illinois.
- History of the Board of Trade of Chicago. Chicago Board of Trade.