ICE Endex is a joint initiative between ICE and Gasunie, a European gas infrastructure company, to establish an on-exchange platform for trading European natural gas and power. The launch of ICE Endex followed the receipt of competition clearance by the U.K.'s Office of Fair Trading and the declaration of no-objection from the Dutch Ministry of Finance on March 26, 2013. ICE will own 79.12 percent of ICE Endex and Gasunie will own 20.88 percent.
The launch of ICE Endex follows the breaking up of energy exchange APX-ENDEX into two separate entities: a power spot and clearing entity and a derivatives and spot gas entity, which took place on March 1, 2013. ICE Endex is based on the derivatives and spot gas business of the former APX-ENDEX.
ICE Endex is designed to provide a liquid, transparent and widely accessible continental European trading hub for natural gas and power derivatives, gas balancing markets and gas storage services. ICE Endex Holding B.V. is based in Amsterdam. Its derivatives contracts will be cleared at ICE Clear Europe.
The company is co-headed by Pieter Schuurs, its president and chief operating officer.
ICE announced the completion of the trading and clearing transition for the ICE Endex futures markets to the ICE trading platform and ICE's European clearing house, ICE Clear Europe, in October of 2013. As of October 7, 2013, ICE Endex European natural gas and power futures and options contracts trade on ICE's front end trading screen, WebICE, alongside ICE's portfolio of 800 energy contracts.
ICE announced the completion of the transition of the ICE Endex Dutch and Belgian natural gas spot markets and the Dutch gas storage market to the ICE trading platform on April 29, 2014.
ICE Endex was appointed as the market operator for the Dutch natural gas balancing market beginning on June 3, 2014.
The U.S. CFTC approved ICE Endex's application for registration as a Foreign Board of Trade (FBOT) in January of 2017.
- ICE And Gasunie Announce Launch of ICE Endex. press release.
- Intercontinental Exchange Completes Trading and Clearing Transition for ICE Endex. ICE via Mondovisione.
- Exchange-Completes-Successful-Transition-of-ICE-Endex-Dutch-and-Belgian-Spot-Markets-to-the-ICE-Trading-Platform/default.aspx Intercontinental Exchange Completes Successful Transition of ICE Endex Dutch and Belgian Spot Markets to the ICE Trading Platform. ICE.
- ICE Endex Appointed Balancing Market Operator for the Netherlands. MondoVisione.
- CFTC Issues Order Of Registration For ICE Endex Markets B.V.. headoftrading.com.