Professional Trading Solutions, Inc.
|Professional Trading Solutions, Inc.|
|Key People||Farid Naib, CEO|
Professional Trading Solutions, Inc. (PTS) - formerly Lightspeed Financial, Inc. - is a product and service provider to the active and professional trading community. It provides direct market access trading technology, risk management applications and brokerage services for institutional investors, hedge funds, and algorithmic "black box" firms. It is the holding company of two primary operating units: Lightspeed Trading, LLC, a FINRA and SEC registered broker-dealer, and PTS Financial Technology, LLC, a software holding company.
In February of 2010, it was announced that Lightspeed Financial had acquired NobleTrading. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed. Following that transaction, Lightspeed announced in June 2010 that it acquired a perpetual license to the Anvil trading software currently available only through Assent LLC. The same month, Lightspeed also announced the acquisition of Terra Nova Financial for a purchase price of approximately $27.6 million. 
In June 2011, Lightspeed announced the acquisition of Lime Brokerage International (Ireland) LLC. The deal, which was the sixth acquisition for the firm since 2006, gave Lightspeed the broker/dealer license for Lime Ireland and marked its entry into the European market. The company said that it was focused on providing European investors with direct market access to U.S. equity markets during the first quarter of 2012.
Products and Services
PTS offers three trading solutions for active traders; platform-independent introducing and executing broker-dealer services, broker-neutral trading platforms, and a blended full-service offering comprising PTS-owned brokerage services and trading technology. Through its broker-dealer Lightspeed Trading, LLC, PTS provides access to clearing, custody and portfolio margin accounts through partnerships with leading clearing firms.
The firm also introduced a software development kit, which was re-named the blackbox developers kit, for algorithmic traders in July 2010.  It also launched a social community, Lightspeed Spotlight, which provides access to educational tools, news and expert market commentary, as well as interactive forums where users can share trading ideas and strategies .
- Farid Naib, Chief Executive Officer
- Andrew Brenner, Chief Strategy Officer
- Michael Sedek, Chief Operating Officer, Lightspeed Trading LLC (Broker Dealer)
- Jason Lyons, Chief Executive Officer, Lightspeed Trading LLC (Broker Dealer)
- Lightspeed Financial, Inc. Announces Name Change and Appoints New Chief Executive Officer. Lightspeed Financial, Inc..
- press release. Professional Trading Solutions, Inc..
- Lightspeed Holdings Closes Acquisition of E*TRADE Professional Trading and ETP Technologies. Lightspeed Website.
- Press Release. Lightspeed.
- Lightspeed Financial Acquires Exclusive License to Operate Anvil Professional Trading Platform. Lightspeed Financial website.
- Lightspeed Financial to Acquire Terra Nova Financial. Lightspeed Financial website.
- Lightspeed Financial Buys Lime Brokerage's Ireland Unit. Dow Jones.
- Lightspeed Buys Lime Brokerage. Advanced Trading.
- Lightspeed Readies European Business. Waterstechnology.
- Algo Traders Seek High-Frequency Tech Solutions. MarketsMedia.
- Lightspeed Launches Social Networking Community for Active Traders. Lightspeed website.
- Lightspeed Adds Web-Based Trading Platform to its Product Suite. Lightspeed website.
- Lightspeed Adds Forex To Suite of Products Tradeable by Clients. Lightspeed website.