|Headquarters||San Francisco, CA|
Livevol is a financial technology company providing trade execution, data, custom analytics including consolidated feed, real-time programmable analysis and scanning historical files and back testing, real-time decision support and other web services. Livevol is a subsidiary of CBOE Holdings and offers suite of products
Livevol, with offices in Chicago and San Francisco, offers a range of technology and data solutions including a consolidated feed, real-time programmatic analysis and scanning, historical files and back testing, real-time decision support, flat files, XML web services, web components, custom development and consulting.
CBOE Holdings, Inc. acquired Livevol's market data services and trading analytics platforms, completing the deal on August 7, 2015. CBOE Holdings purchased the Livevol Core, Livevol Pro and Livevol X trading analytics platforms, as well as other market data solutions products. Livevol Securities, Inc., the company's broker-dealer unit, was not included in the deal.  
In March 2017, CBOE Livevol sold off its execution platform, Livevol X, to Sterling Trading Tech.
Products and Services
Livevol offers a front-end trading system for options trading designed by market makers and traders, called Livevol Pro. It is a web-based trading tool that offers a full range of data, calculations, alerts and visualizations. The firm also offers a variety of data solutions that cover consolidated feeds, real-time analysis and scanning, historic files and backtesting, real-time decision support as well as web components. Custom development and consulting services are also available.
In April 2013 Livevol launched LV-Argus, a market surveillance and monitoring tool for listed equity options markets. Users of LV-Argus allows for the scanning of Livevol's real-time database for unusual trading patterns, locked and crossed markets and other order flow details, as well as the ability to provide transaction cost analysis (TCA), implied volatility, and other price information. 
- Catherine Clay, Chief Executive Officer
- Stefen Choy, Chief Operating Officer
- Sergey Kucher, Chief Technology Officer
- Joe Minton, Managing Director of Institutional Trading
- Bryan Stuart, Chief Financial Officer
- Livevol. website.
- CBOE Holdings Completes Acquisition of Livevol Data, Analytics Platforms. CBOE press release.
- CBOE Holdings to Acquire Data and Analytics Platforms of Livevol Inc.. CBOE press release.
- Sterling Trading Tech Acquires Livevol X Trading Platform from CBOE. Finance Magnates.
- Livevol Launches Options Market Surveillance Tool. BusinessWire.