Michael C. Dawley is a long-time financial services executive who was managing director and co-head of futures and derivatives clearing services at Goldman Sachs before he retired. He was also the chairman of the board of FIA Global.  Dawley joined the board of trustees of the Institute for Financial Markets (IFM), a nonprofit educational foundation, in 2009.
In 2005, Dawley was inducted into the Futures Industry Association's Futures Hall of Fame, which was established in 2005 to commemorate outstanding contributions to the futures and options community. 
He was a member of the CME Clearing House Risk Committee and the CFTC Global Markets Advisory Committee. . He is a member of the Chicago Mercantile Exchange and the Chicago Board of Trade, now a merged corporation, CME Group and was vice chairman of the board of National Futures Association.
In February of 2018, he was re-elected to serve another one-year term as chairman of the board of National Futures Association.
Dawley was a trustee for The Clearing Corporation Charitable Foundation. He also served on the advisory board of Kent State University's Masters of Financial Engineering Program.
He joined Goldman Sachs in Chicago in 1985 and moved to New York in 1996. Prior to joining Goldman Sachs, Dawley was with E.F. Hutton and traded independently for several years.
He previously served as vice chairman of the BrokerTec Futures Exchange. He also previously served as a director and as chairman of the board of The Clearing Corporation ("CCorp")
During 2003 and 2004, and again from 2009 to March 2014, Dawley served as chairman of the Futures Industry Association (FIA).
On behalf of Goldman Sachs, he was a voting delegate of the Swiss Futures & Options Association.
In January of 2009, Dawley, along with Richard Berliand of JP Morgan, were named as interim co-chairmen of the FIA heading into the March 2009 FIA Boca Raton International Conference. He was elected chairman of the FIA on March 11, 2009 at the FIA's annual meeting at the FIA conference. Dawley had previously served as FIA chairman.
- Michael Charles Dawley - NFA ID 0309280
John Lothian News Special Report: Residual Interest, February 2013
A rule proposed by the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) designed to strengthen safeguards for customer deposits at futures commission merchants (FCMs) is threatening to overhaul the futures brokerage system.
The proposed “residual interest” provision introduced last fall, and discussed in a CFTC roundtable on February 5, would require substantial increases in margin buffers by FCMs.
The meeting led by Robert Wasserman, chief counsel of the CFTC’s Division of Clearing and Risk, included panelists Mike Dawley of Goldman Sachs and FIA chairman and Kim Taylor, CME Clearing president who argued that the increased margin requirements under the proposal are substantial. Dawley said the rule, if passed in its current form, would be “one of the most monumental events” in his 30 years in the industry.
John Lothian News has put together a special report on this critical issue. The deadline for comments on this proposed rule is February 15, 2013.
- @Andrew_Marshall: RT by @JohnLothian: Excellent seven part BBC documentary from 1990s on Israel since 1948. Episode one on War of Independence, Deir Yassin,…
- Excellent seven part BBC documentary from 1990s on Israel since 1948. Episode one on War of Independence, Deir Yassin, Nakba, Fedayeen, Suez 1956, Lavon affair, and (surprising hero) PM Moshe Share...
- @Cointelegraph: RT by @JohnLothian: The SEC has taken another step on the long, winding road to a potential spot Bitcoin ETF approval. …
- The SEC has taken another step on the long, winding road to a potential spot Bitcoin ETF approval. https://t.co/XDL3JOUGyq— Cointelegraph (@Cointelegraph) November 29, 2023
- @CoinDesk: RT by @JohnLothian: .@Binance founder @cz_binance is stepping down as chair of the global exchange's U.S. affiliate, @binanceus.…
- .@Binance founder @cz_binance is stepping down as chair of the global exchange's U.S. affiliate, @binanceus.https://t.co/G4Bao5igcV— CoinDesk (@CoinDesk) November 29, 2023
- @JohnLothian: SIX Swiss Exchange: Trading Venues Offering Alternative Execution Mechanisms Favoured In Low Liquidity Environment
- SIX Swiss Exchange: Trading Venues Offering Alternative Execution Mechanisms Favoured In Low Liquidity Environment https://t.co/BsLa59s3X7— John Lothian (@JohnLothian) November 29, 2023
- @JohnLothian: Eurex Has Refined Its Market Disruption Rules
- Eurex Has Refined Its Market Disruption Rules https://t.co/wWQITFtjVX— John Lothian (@JohnLothian) November 29, 2023
- @JohnLothian: CME Group U.S. Treasury Futures Open Interest Surpasses Record 21 Million Contracts; Highest-ever annual ADV of 5.5 million contracts also reached in 2023
- CME Group U.S. Treasury Futures Open Interest Surpasses Record 21 Million Contracts; Highest-ever annual ADV of 5.5 million contracts also reached in 2023 https://t.co/kyW7g3Etpy— John Lothian...
We visit more than 100 websites daily for financial news (Would YOU do that?). Read the John Lothian Newsletter.