R. Scott Morris is an exchange and financial markets executive who is currently chief investment strategist at Blackthorne Capital Management.
He was previously the president of Morris Consulting LLC. Morris is a former CEO of the Boston Options Exchange Group and also worked for the proprietary trading firm Ronin Capital.
Morris joined BOX on Oct. 26, 2006 from a consulting practice, having previously been appointed a managing director of the automated trading and execution group at Goldman Sachs in 2000. He resigned as CEO of BOX on June 13, 2008.
Morris joined Hull Group, a Goldman Sachs company, as a financial engineer in 1990, and was named a principal at Hull in 1996. He previously worked in the research department of GNP Commodities.
Morris has an MBA in Finance and Statistics and a BA in Economics, both from the University of Chicago.
JLN News Feed
- Hemp Hangs Tough In July
- The month of July brought more than its share of disruptions to the growing season -- wildfires and severe drought in much of the West, for example -- but prices for biomass and industrial hemp end...
- The digital payment processing company Square has made a deal to acquire Afterpay, an Australian “buy now, pay later” provider, for $29 billion.
- Volatility Warnings Signal Virus May Bring Another Rough August
- Observations & Insight The Spread – July 30, 2021 JohnLothianNews.com Earnings season in full bloom; Options lead year-to-date derivatives volume; Robinhood’s IPO; John...
- Can the Fed Fix the Treasury Market by Tweaking Repo?
- First Read $51,906/$300,000 (17.3%) ++++ Hits & Takes John Lothian & JLN Staff On Friday we posted the video from the 2021 World of Opportunity virtual event held on July 21 and the...
We visit more than 100 websites daily for financial news (Would YOU do that?). Read the John Lothian Newsletter.