|Key People||Joe Gits, CEO and Co-Founder|
Context Analytics Inc. (formerly Social Market Analytics, Inc.) is a Chicago-based market analytics company that analyzes Twitter data for trading sentiment.  The firm, founded in 2012 by Joe Gits, Jeff Blaschak and Kurt Myers, offers social media "quantification and analysis" for both individual and institutional investors such as banks, hedge funds and brokerages.
In 2014, SMA entered a partnership with StockTwits to provide active day traders with producing signals based on the announced intentions of highly active traders in the StockTwits community.
Also in 2014, the start-up raised over $750,000 to continue building out its platform.
In August of 2016, Chicago Board Options Exchange launched the CBOE-SMA Large Cap Index (SMLC Index), the first of a series of sentiment-based strategy benchmark indexes that measure short-term market momentum based on Social Market Analytics’ social media metrics. The two companies had entered into an exclusive licensing agreement for the indexes in June of 2016. The SMLC Index is designed to track the performance of a hypothetical strategy that on a daily basis buys an equally weighted portfolio of 25 stocks with high SMA S-Scores.  S-Scores, extracted from Twitter traffic by SMA algorithms, reflect investors’ sentiment about stocks.
Products and Services
Social Market Analytics produces a family of metrics, called S-Factors, designed to capture the signature of financial market sentiment. SMA applies these metrics to data captured from social media sources to estimate sentiment for indices, sectors, and individual securities.
- Joe Gits, CEO and co-founder
- Jeff Blaschak, CDO and co-founder
- Kurt Myers, CTO and co-founder
- Kevin Close, director of business development
- Kim Gits, CFO
- ↑ From Icahn to 'I can' social trading takes off. The Financial Times.
- ↑ Social Market Analytics Has Changed Their Name to Context Analytics to Reflect the Evolving Needs of Their Clients. Globe Newswire.
- ↑ Social Market Analytics helps traders use Twitter for stock market bets - now in real-time. Built in Chicago.
- ↑ StockTwits Selects Social Market Analytics to Provide its Active Traders With Enhanced Tools to Beat the Market. PR Newswire.
- ↑ CBOE Launches First in Series of Social Media-Based Strategy Benchmark Indexes. CBOE.
- ↑ Process. Social Market Analytics, Inc..