Compagnie Financière Tradition
|Compagnie Financière Tradition|
|Key People||Patrick Combes, Chairman, CEO|
|Products||Inter-dealer brokerage services|
Compagnie Financière Tradition (CFT) is an interdealer broker in over-the-counter financial and commodity related products.  CFT acts as an intermediary in financial and commodity transactions in 28 countries spanning five continents. It is majority-owned by VIEL & Cie. TSH SA and TFS SA are the two subsidiaries operated by CFT.
Tradition is the North American interdealer broking arm of Compagnie Financière Tradition and one of the world's largest interdealer brokers in over-the-counter financial and commodity related products. Compagnie Financière Tradition is listed on the Swiss stock exchange. It only operates as a broker, taking no positions or dealing risks in the financial markets.
Tradition is also one of the five founding firms of the Wholesale Markets Brokers' Association Americas Inc. (WMBAA). The industry advocacy group, which also includes BGC Partners, ICAP, Tullett Prebon and GFI Group, was formed in 2009 to "promote the quality and standards of the industry and a better understanding of the critical role played by wholesale brokers in the efficient functioning of financial markets." One of the WMBAA's events is SEFCON, an annual conference on issues related to the regulation of swap execution facilities.
On 15 January 2014, Compagnie Financière Tradition announced that Lloyds Bank plc joined Tradition’s Trad-X platform as a founder. Trad-X is Tradition's new hybrid trading platform for OTC derivatives and other financial instruments, which operated as an FCA-regulated Multilateral Trading Facility(MTF) and enables clients to trade interest rate swaps and has been conceived with the ability to cover all currencies and products across the rates spectrum.
At SEFCON III, held in November 2012, John Lothian News interviewed Tradition's Julian Harding, one of the founding members of the WMBAA board and the 2012 vice-chairman of the organization.
OTC Brokers vs. Exchanges and the Futurization of Swaps from Julian Harding of Tradition
- Patrick Combes - Chairman of the Board of Directors/ Chief Executive Officer
- Emil Assentato - Managing Director TSH Americas
- Adrian Bell - COO Asia-Pacific
- Donald P. Fewer - Senior Managing Director of Standard Credit Group, New York
- François Brisebois - Group CFO
- Michael Leibowitz - COO Americas and EMEA
- Larry Rosenshein - Managing Director of TFS Americas
- Dominique Velter - Strategic Marketing Director
- Scott Fitzpatrick - CEO, Tradition SEF
- William Wostyn - Corporate Chief Legal Officer, Secretary of the Executive Board
- ↑ About Us. Tradition Group.
- ↑ Compagnie Financiere Tradition SA. FT.
- ↑ Wholesale Market Brokers Form New Association. WMBA Americas.
- ↑ Lloyds Bank joins Tradition’s Trad-X® Platform as a Founder. Compagnie Financière Tradition.
- ↑ Compagnie Financiere Tradition Gets Lloyds Bank To Join Its Trad-X MTF as Founder. Forex Magnates.
- ↑ ABOUT TRAD-X. Compagnie Financière Tradition.
- ↑ Lloyds Bank joins Tradition’s Trad-X Platform as a Founder. Compagnie Financière Tradition.