|Key People||Nick Cherney (CIO) and Richard Hoge (CFO), Co-founders|
|Products||Exchange traded products (ETPs)|
VelocityShares LLC creates exchange traded products (ETPs) for sophisticated traders, focusing on the institutional market (both buy-side and sell-side).
Janus Henderson bought VelocityShares in 2014.
Products and Services
The initial suite of Velocityshares ETNs is focused on volatility trading. It includes the VelocityShares Daily 2X VIX Short-Term ETN, the VelocityShares Daily Long VIX Short-Term ETN, and VelocityShares Daily Inverse VIX Short-Term ETN.
On October 17, 2011, VelocityShares launched a suite of eight previous metals-related ETNs on the NYSE Arca stock exchange. They included 3x leveraged long and inverse gold and silver and 2X leveraged long and inverse platinum and palladium ETNs. They represent the first suite of 3x and 2x leveraged long and inverse precious metals exchange traded instruments to be listed in the US.
- Nick Cherney, CIO & Co-founder
- Richard Hoge, CFO, Chairman & Co-founder
- Kevin Dailey, COO
- Steven Quinn, Head of Distribution
- William Lloyd, Head of Index Products
- Scott Weiner, Head of Quantitative Strategy
- JPMorgan Says Giant Volatility Product May Rise From the Ashes. Bloomberg.
- press release. VelocityShares.