Alex Matturri is CEO of S&P Dow Jones Indices, the benchmark index licensing firm jointly owned by McGraw-Hill and CME Group. He has held the position since 2007.
Before joining the index company, Matturri was senior vice president and director of Global Equity Index Management at Northern Trust Global Investments. He came to Northern in its 2003 acquisition of Deutsche Asset Management's index business. He had joined Deutsche after a 13-year career at the Bank of New York, where he managed the Special Investment Products group.
Earlier in his career, Matturri worked as a risk arbitrage analyst at Donaldson, Lufkin & Jenrette, as a security analyst at First Fidelity, and as a law clerk in the New Jersey Superior Court.
Matturri earned a BS in Finance in 1980 from Lehigh University and a JD from the Syracuse University College of Law. He is also a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA).
JLN News Feed
- Lynn Martin
- Lynn Martin has been appointed the next President of the NYSE, succeeding Stacey Cunningham, who will join the NYSE board of directors.
- Goldman Sachs Sees Crypto Options Markets as ‘Next Big Step’ for Institutional Adoption
- Observations & Insight Suzanne Cosgrove Accepts New Role, Leaves JLN for PR Agency; Will Become JLN Consultant and Advisory Committee Member Alex Perry Promoted from Intern to Associate Edi...
- Wall Street Wants to Sell a Special Index, Just for You
- First Read sears$54,406/$300,000 (18.1%) ++++ Suzanne Cosgrove Accepts New Role, Leaves JLN for PR Agency; Will Become JLN Consultant and Advisory Committee Member Alex Perry Promoted from Intern t...
- Suzanne Cosgrove Accepts New Role, Leaves JLN for PR Agency; Will Become JLN Consultant and Advisory Committee Member
- Alex Perry Promoted from Intern to Associate EditorJLN Deputy Managing Editor Suzanne Cosgrove gave her notice to John Lothian News and accepted a position with Purpose Brand, a woman-run, Chicago-...
We visit more than 100 websites daily for financial news (Would YOU do that?). Read the John Lothian Newsletter.