Andreas Preuss is chief executive officer of the Eurex group of companies, the derivatives platform jointly owned by Deutsche Börse and the SIX Swiss Exchange. He rejoined the company on Apr. 19, 2006, and was appointed chairman of the board of Eurex Clearing later that month.
He was elected chairman of the World Federation of Exchanges by the WFE's General Assembly in October 2012, at its annual meeting in Taipei. He will lead the association for the next two years. He had previously served on the WFE's board of directors. 
He rejoined Eurex from his role as chief operating officer and a member of the board of Mako Group, a London-based group of companies involved in market making and proprietary trading in key derivatives markets around the world, where he worked from 2002-2006.
Earlier in his career, his professional training brought him to the export business with various international trading firms, as well as a commercial banking trainee program with Dresdner Bank AG in Cologne.
Preuss joined Andersen Consulting as a senior consultant in the financial services group in 1988, moving on to the then newly-founded DTB Deutsche Terminbörse in 1990, as head of client services. With the merger of DTB into Deutsche Börse AG in 1994, he was appointed head of business development. He was a member of the executive board of Eurex AG from 1997, and from 1999-2000 was also a member of the management committee of the Chicago Board of Trade BOT/Eurex Alliance (later renamed A/C/E).
At its meeting on June 16, 2008, the supervisory board of Deutsche Börse AG appointed Preuss deputy CEO of the executive board and also extended his board membership contract by five years starting Apr. 1, 2009.
|Since October 2007||Member of the Management Board, Eurex Services GmbH|
|Since June 2007||Chief Executive Officer, Deutsche Börse Dienstleistungs AG|
|Since June 2006||Member of the Management Board, Eurex Deutschland|
|Since April 2006||Member of the Executive Board, Deutsche Börse AG responsible for Derivatives & Market Data Division; Chief Executive Officer, Eurex Clearing AG; Chief Executive Officer, Eurex Frankfurt AG; Chief Executive Officer, Eurex Zürich AG|
|2002-2006||Mako Group, London, Chief Operating Officer, Member of the Board and Partner|
|2000-2001||Trading Technologies International, President|
|1999-2000||Alliance CBOT/Eurex (a/c/e), Member of the Joint Venture Management Committee|
|1998-2000||Eurex Frankfurt AG, Eurex Zürich AG, Eurex Clearing AG - Member of the Executive Board, responsible for Business Development, Marketing, Sales and Communication|
|1994-1998||Deutsche Börse AG - Head of Distribution and Service, Benchmark Products Division, Head of Business Development, Marketing, Sales and Product Development, Benchmark Products Division, Member of Deutsche Börse AG Group Management|
|1990-1994||DTB Deutsche Terminbörse - Member of “New Products” Department
(As of 08/92 Director of Customer Service Department)
|1989-1990||Andersen Consulting, Frankfurt - Senior Consultant, 2/89 to 06/90 participation in design and implementation of the electronic exchange DTB Deutsche Terminbörse|
|1986-1988||Dresdner Bank AG, Cologne - Trainee program in Commercial Banking and subsequently Lending Officer, Institutional Business|
|1981-1982||Th. Goldschmidt S.A., Martorelles, Barcelona, Spain, Export clerk for synthetic resin films|
|1977-1978||Coutinho, Caro & Co., Hamburg, Export clerk for machinery after-sales-services for markets Thailand, Pakistan and Bangladesh|
- Deutsche Börse Systems AG, Member of the Supervisory Board
- Swiss Futures and Options Association (SFOA), Geneva, Member of the Board of Directors
- U.S. Futures Exchange, L.L.C., Member of the Board of Directors
- International Securities Exchange, Member of the Board of Directors
- 1982-1986 - University of Hamburg, Graduate Degree in Economics, specializing in International Management, Banking and Commercial Law
- 1979-1981 - Undergraduate Degree in Economics
- 1978-1979 - Universidad Central, Barcelona, Studies of Spanish Language and Literature
- Andreas Preuss New CEO of Eurex Companies, 4/27/06. Eurex.
- Global Exchange CEO & Investor Conference. Rosenblatt Securities.
- World Federation of Exchanges elects Andreas Preuss as new Chairman. Deutsche Borse Group.
- 2010 Annual Report & Statistics. World Federation of Exchanges.
- Board of Directors. World Federation of Exchanges.
- Andreas Preuss Bio 2003. SFOA.
- Press Release. SFOA.