Andreas Preuss is an exchange, technology and proprietary trading executive who serves as deputy chief executive officer, Deutsche Boerse AG and head of the division of IT & Operations, Data & New Asset Classes at Deutsche Boerse.
He has been a member of the executive board of Deutsche Boerse since 2006.
He was elected chairman of the World Federation of Exchanges by the WFE's General Assembly in October 2012, at its annual meeting in Taipei, for a two-year term. He had previously served on the WFE's board of directors. 
Preuss joined Andersen Consulting as a senior consultant in the financial services group in 1988, moving on to the then newly-founded DTB Deutsche Terminbörse in 1990, as head of client services. With the merger of DTB into Deutsche Boerse AG in 1994, he was appointed head of business development. He was a member of the executive board of Eurex AG from 1997, and from 1999-2000 was also a member of the management committee of the Chicago Board of Trade BOT/Eurex Alliance (later renamed A/C/E).
Preuss participated in the building of Deutsche Terminborse and Eurex. He was instrumental in implementing the "so-called remote membership concept," which allowed Eurex to grow dynamically.
He joined Trading Technologies as European president and member of the executive board in 2000, and was appointed global president of the firm the following year.
He rejoined Eurex from his role as chief operating officer and a member of the board of Mako Group, a London-based group of companies involved in market making and proprietary trading in key derivatives markets around the world, where he worked from 2002-2006.
He served as chief executive officer of Eurex from 2006, but stepped down from that role in 2015.
Preuss replaced Rudolf Ferscha as head of Eurex, returning to the group where he worked in a number of positions from 1990-2000.
During his tenure as Eurex CEO, the exchange acquired U.S. options exchange International Securities Exchange as a wholly-owned subsidiary.
During a proposed deal for Deutsche Boerse to merge with NYSE Euronext, it was announced Preuss would assume the role of Deputy CEO and President of the new entity.
Earlier in his career, his professional training brought him to the export business with various international trading firms, as well as a commercial banking trainee program with Dresdner Bank AG in Cologne.
At its meeting on June 16, 2008, the supervisory board of Deutsche Boerse AG appointed Preuss deputy CEO of the executive board and also extended his board membership contract by five years starting Apr. 1, 2009.
|Since October 2007
||Member of the Management Board, Eurex Services GmbH
|Since June 2007
||Chief Executive Officer, Deutsche Boerse Dienstleistungs AG
|Since June 2006
||Member of the Management Board, Eurex Deutschland
|Since April 2006
||Member of the Executive Board, Deutsche Boerse AG responsible for Derivatives & Market Data Division; Chief Executive Officer, Eurex Clearing AG; Chief Executive Officer, Eurex Frankfurt AG; Chief Executive Officer, Eurex Zürich AG
||Mako Group, London, Chief Operating Officer, Member of the Board and Partner
||Trading Technologies International, President
||Alliance CBOT/Eurex (a/c/e), Member of the Joint Venture Management Committee
||Eurex Frankfurt AG, Eurex Zürich AG, Eurex Clearing AG - Member of the Executive Board, responsible for Business Development, Marketing, Sales and Communication
||Deutsche Boerse AG - Head of Distribution and Service, Benchmark Products Division, Head of Business Development, Marketing, Sales and Product Development, Benchmark Products Division, Member of Deutsche Boerse AG Group Management
||DTB Deutsche Terminbörse - Member of “New Products” Department
(As of 08/92 Director of Customer Service Department)
||Andersen Consulting, Frankfurt - Senior Consultant, 2/89 to 06/90 participation in design and implementation of the electronic exchange DTB Deutsche Terminbörse
||Dresdner Bank AG, Cologne - Trainee program in Commercial Banking and subsequently Lending Officer, Institutional Business
||Th. Goldschmidt S.A., Martorelles, Barcelona, Spain, Export clerk for synthetic resin films
||Coutinho, Caro & Co., Hamburg, Export clerk for machinery after-sales-services for markets Thailand, Pakistan and Bangladesh
- 1982-1986 - University of Hamburg, Graduate Degree in Economics, specializing in International Management, Banking and Commercial Law
- 1979-1981 - Undergraduate Degree in Economics
- 1978-1979 - Universidad Central, Barcelona, Studies of Spanish Language and Literature
- @JohnLothian: China’s oil trading giant Unipec has significantly increased the number of hired tankers to ship a key crude from eastern Russia via @markets
- China’s oil trading giant Unipec has significantly increased the number of hired tankers to ship a key crude from eastern Russia https://t.co/2fa560N3Ef via @markets— John Lothian (@JohnLothian...
- @JohnLothian: Chicken is the most consumed meat in the world, but from the US to Singapore, consumers are finding that it’s more expensive than before to get their hands on it. Here's why. via...
- Chicken is the most consumed meat in the world, but from the US to Singapore, consumers are finding that it’s more expensive than before to get their hands on it. Here's why. https://t.co/e...
- @JohnLothian: ADC Acquisition, the first special purpose acquisition company to list in the Middle East, soars in its Abu Dhabi trading debut via @markets
- ADC Acquisition, the first special purpose acquisition company to list in the Middle East, soars in its Abu Dhabi trading debut https://t.co/w9S9c0grK0 via @markets— John Lothian (@JohnLothian)...
- @JohnLothian: European regulators want to encourage startups on the continent. The global tech rout could make that more difficult via @technology
- European regulators want to encourage startups on the continent. The global tech rout could make that more difficult https://t.co/MGbwg7sh0R via @technology— John Lothian (@JohnLothian) May 27,...
- @JohnLothian: Bitcoin now accounts for 44% of total crypto market value, the most since October, according to data from CoinGecko via @markets
- Bitcoin now accounts for 44% of total crypto market value, the most since October, according to data from CoinGecko https://t.co/LJWRXwqJym via @markets— John Lothian (@JohnLothian) May 27, 2022
- @JohnLothian: EU leaders consider temporarily exempting Russian shipments via the Druzhba oil pipeline from the sanctions package to give Hungary more time, sources say via @bpolitics
- EU leaders consider temporarily exempting Russian shipments via the Druzhba oil pipeline from the sanctions package to give Hungary more time, sources say https://t.co/StG0zrtqaw via @bpolitics...
We visit more than 100 websites daily for financial news (Would YOU do that?). Read the John Lothian Newsletter.