CFTC Energy Markets Advisory Committee
|CFTC Energy and Enviornmental Markets Advisory Committee|
The Commodity Futures Trading Commission's Energy and Environmental Markets Advisory Committee, (formerly the Energy Markets Advisory Committee) was created in 2008 to provide a public forum to examine emerging issues related to the energy and environmental futures markets and the CFTC's role in these markets under the Commodity Exchange Act. 
The advisory committee's objectives and scope of activities shall be to conduct public meetings, submit reports and recommendations to the Commission, and otherwise serve as a vehicle for discussion and communication on matters of concern to exchanges, firms, end users and regulators regarding energy and environmental markets and their regulation by the Commission.
CFTC Commissioner Bart Chilton chairs the Committee.
Members include the following industry professionals, representatives of futures exchanges and market participants: 
- Bob Anderson, executive director, Committee of Chief Risk Officers
- Laura Campbell, assistant manager for energy resources, Memphis Light, Gas & Water
- Donald Casturo, managing director, Goldman Sachs Group, Inc.
- Paul Cicio, president, Industrial Energy Consumers of America
- Dominick A. Chirachella, founding partner, Energy Management Institute
- Eileen Claussen, president, Pew Center on Global Climate Change
- Jack D. Cogen, president & chief executive officer, chairman of IETA Natsource LLC
- Sean Cota, president, Cota & Cota Oil & Propane
- De’Ana Dow, managing director, CME Group (for James Newsome) president, NYMEX, Inc.
- Heike Eckert, executive vice president, Eurex
- Benjamin N. Feldman (for Jeffrey Frase) JP Morgan
- John Felmy, chief economist, American Petroleum Institute
- Kevin Fox, managing director, D.E. Shaw & Co., L.P.
- Gary Gero, president, California Climate Action Registry
- Seth Goldman, board member, Calvert Foundation
- R. Skip Horvath, president, Natural Gas Supply Association
- Brian Kelly, executive vice president, Colonial Energy, Inc.
- Holly Koeppel, executive vice president & chief financial officer, American Electric Power
- Anthony Mansfield, Heller Ehrman LLP
- William McCoy, managing director and counsel, legal and compliance department, Morgan Stanley
- Elizabeth A. Moler, executive vice president, government & environmental affairs & public policy, Exelon Corporation
- Ron Oppenheimer, general counsel, global commodities, Merril Lynch Commodities, Inc.
- Paul Pantano, McDermott, Will & Emery
- Robert Pickel, executive director and chief executive officer, International Swaps and Derivatives Association
- Michael Prokop, executive vice president, Amerex Brokers LLC
- Dr. Richard Sandor, chairman and chief operating officer, Chicago Climate Exchange
- Jonathan Schrag, executive director, Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative, Inc
- John Shelk, president & chief executive officer, Electric Power Supply Association
- Tyson Slocum, director, Public Citizen
- Jeffrey Sprecher, chairman and chief executive officer,IntercontinentalExchange
- Mark Stainton, senior managing director, head of global energy
- Ryan Stroschein, director, government affairs (for John P. Heimlich), vice president & chief economist, Air Transport Association
In addition, the CFTC has invited officials from the Congressional Research Service, the Department of Energy, the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission and the Federal Trade Commission to participate as official observers.