Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission
|Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission|
|Key People||Georgios Charalambous, Chairman|
The Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission  oversees the financial markets in Cyprus.
Organization and Purpose
The Cyprus Securities and Exchange is responsible for:
- Supervising and controlling the operation of the Stock Exchange and the transactions carried out on it
- Supervising and controlling the issuers of securities listed on the Stock Exchange, the Licensed Investment Services Companies as well as the Collective Investment Schemes
- Carrying out inspections over companies, the securities of which are listed on the Stock Exchange, over brokers and brokerage firms, investment consultants, mutual fund management companies
- Requesting and collecting information necessary for the exercise of its responsibilities, to demanding in writing the provision of information from all natural or legal persons or organisations that are considered to be in a position to provide such information
- Granting operation licences to investment firms, including investment consultants, brokerage firms and brokers
- Recalling these operation licences for special reasons, as it is more specifically determined in Regulations that are published in accordance with the Law of Establishment of the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission
- Imposing administrative sanctions and disciplinary penalties on brokers, brokerage firms, investment consultants as well as to in any other legal or natural persons that fall under the provisions of the Stock Market legislation
The Cyprus SEC was established in accordance with Section 5 of the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission Law of 2001. The Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission is a member of the Committee of European Securities Regulators. Georgios Charalambous represents the organization on the Committee.
- Web site. Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission.