Daniel Coleman is the chief executive officer of Knight Capital Group KCG, a proprietary trading firm, market maker and brokerage firm formed from the merger of Getco and Knight Capital. He was appointed CEO of Getco in late February 2012 and led the company through its merger with Knight Capital Group in July 2013.
Coleman joined GETCO in 2010. His most recent roles there were global head of equities and global head of client services. 
At GETCO, Coleman most recently served as the global head of equities and client services. In his old role, Colemen oversaw GETCO Execution Services (GES), GES Europe and the company’s designated market making unit at the New York Stock Exchange. 
He joined Getco in September 2010 as a managing director and was responsible for the firm's business development. Before joining Getco, Coleman served as global head of equities at UBS and also as a member of the firm's Investment Bank's Executive Committee and the Group Managing Board. He also chaired the Equities Management Committee and the IB-Institutional Client Committee.
Early in his career, Coleman worked for O’Connor & Associates, a trading firm focused on equity options market making (later a part of the Swiss Bank Corporation).
Coleman earned his Bachelor of Arts degree from Yale University and an MBA from the University of Chicago.
- ↑ Getco Will Name Chief Executive. WSJ.
- ↑ Coleman goes ‘full-circle’ for Getco role. Financial Times.
- ↑ Our People. KCG.
- ↑ Daniel B. Coleman. KCG.
- ↑ GETCO Appoints New CEO. Wall Street & Technology.
- ↑ GETCO Promotes Daniel Coleman to CEO. Advanced Trading.
- ↑ Getco Names Daniel B. Coleman Managing Director. GETCO.
- ↑ GETCO Names Daniel Coleman CEO. Yahoo! Finance.