|Key People||Vincent Cornes, CEO|
The company was founded in February 2008 as a joint venture between Macquarie Group Limited and the Financial & Energy Exchange. In July of the same year Climate Exchange plc, parent of the European Climate Exchange and the Chicago Climate Exchange, acquired a 25 percent stake in Envex.
The core focus of Envex's work is to develop tradable contracts for over-the-counter and exchange traded markets to "enable trading in a range of environmental products" in the Australian markets. These include financial instruments related to the underlying units of the Mandatory Renewable Energy Target scheme, the Australian Emissions Trading Scheme (also known as the Australian Carbon Pollution Reduction Scheme) and the New South Wales Greenhouse Gas Abatement Scheme.
- Vincent Cornes, Chief Executive Officer
- Blair Pritchard, Non Executive Director
- Karel Nolles, Non Executive Director
- Brian Price, Non Executive Director
- Dimitri Burshtein, Non Executive Director
- Matthew Whittell, Non Executive Director