Foreign Exchange Professionals Association (FXPA)
|Foreign Exchange Professionals Association|
|Key People||Adam Cooper, Chairman|
The Foreign Exchange Professionals Association (FXPA) is a trade group launched by the FX industry in 2014. Its constituency represents a number of FX participants from all over the industry. FXPA aims to work with US and international regulators and policymakers to educate the public and the media about, and to advocate for, the foreign exchange markets.
Its stated goal is to advance a sound, liquid, transparent and competitive global currency market.
The FX market is estimated at approximately $5.3 trillion-a-day.
Products and Services
FXPA membership includes a number of institutions from all segments of the industry: buy-side, exchanges, clearing houses, trading platforms, MTFs, and technology companies. The 10 initial founding members are the Bank of New York Mellon, CalPERS, Campbell & Company, Citadel, CME Group, GFI Group, LCH.Clearnet, LMAX Exchange, Traiana and Virtu Financial.
In December of 2014 FXPA added five more institutional members: Bloomberg Tradebook Services, Cürex, FastMatch, Nasdaq and Singapore Exchange (SGX). Those five members have joined FXPA’s founders’ council and become members of the initial board of directors.
- Susan Dauber, Head of Legal & Regulatory, Euronext FX, and Chairperson of Euronext Markets Singapore, is Chair.
- Chip Lowry, Senior Managing Director at State Street, is Vice Chair.
- Paul Houston, Global Head of FX at CME Group, is Treasurer.
- Lauren Rosborough Watt, Investment Manager at CalPERS, is Secretary.
Founding Board Members:
- Chris Concannon, President & COO, Virtu Financial
- Patrick Bartle, Global Head of FX Strategy, LMAX Exchange
- Mark Sandomeno, Manager, GFI Emerging Markets, GFI Group
- Gavin Wells, Global Head of CDSClear & ForexClear, LCH.Clearnet