|Headquarters||New York City|
|Key People||Shane Finemore|
|Products||Hedge fund that pursues an opportunistic strategy based on long-bias global equity coupled with arbitrage and short-term trading in North America|
Manikay Partners managing partner Shane Finemore raised $300 million for the new hedge fund and secured backing from Goldman Sachs. He reportedly contributed $25 million of his own money for the fund.
Manikay Partners was named in a U.S. Securities Exchange Commission action in September of 2013. The SEC accused 23 funds of market manipulation charges, including Manikay Partners. All but one of the 23 settled for a total of $14.4 million. G2- Trading is fighting the charges. The SEC said the firms had violated Rule 105 which prohibits funds from short selling a company’s stock within five days prior to a public offering and then buying new shares in the public offering.
Products and Services
- Chief Trader, Steve Paridis
- Operations Chief, Sean McDuffy
- Securitization Analyst, Salah Saabneh
- Risk-Arbitrage Specialist, Jim Clark
- Shane Finemore Bio, Returns, Net Worth. Insidermonkey.com.
- Former UBS Banker To Launch Hedge Fund, Backing From Goldman Sachs. Wealth-Bulletin.
- Hedge Fund Start-Up Secures Goldman Support. Dow Jones Online Financial News.
- Manikay Partners. Businessweek.
- ASX faces questions after directors quit over scandal. The Australian.