Rosenthal Collins Group LLC
|Rosenthal Collins Group, LLC|
|Headquarters||216 W Jackson Blvd Suite 400 Chicago, IL 60606-6918|
|Key People||Jason Manumaleuna, Chief Executive Officer|
|Products||RCG Onyx Plus, Futures Trading, Clearing and Brokerage Services|
Rosenthal Collins Group LLC (RCG) is a Chicago-based independent futures commission merchant (FCM). In January 2019, Marex Spectron acquired RCG, keeping the Rosenthal Collins name.
The RCG Division of Marex Spectron offers services from trade execution through settlement, including electronic trading and floor-based trade execution services, as well as brokerage, managed futures and clearing. Marex Spectron sold off the back office departments to the Intercontinental Exchange's crypto currency-based firm Bakkt in January 2019. Bakkt acquired Rosenthal Collins' back office processing systems, treasury and compliance departments, which will be used to handle payments between customers and merchants on Bakkt.
The company has about 14,000 customer accounts and serves a variety of participants, including: introducing brokers, commodity trading advisors, other FCMs, hedge funds, commercial hedgers and professional and individual traders.
Rosenthal Collins Group traces its roots to the formation of Greene and Collins in 1923 as a clearing member at the Chicago Board of Trade. J. Robert Collins joined the family firm and later became chairman of Collins Commodities, which it formed in a merger with John S. Morris & Co. in 1977. In 1988, Collins Commodities merged with Rosenthal & Co., started in 1970 by Leslie Rosenthal, one of the driving forces behind the creation of the first financial futures contract, the GNMA. The merged company was called Rosenthal Collins Group.
Scott Gordon, former chairman of the Chicago Mercantile Exchange, was appointed president and CEO of RCG in 2004. He was elevated to chairman and CEO in 2007.
Today, RCG focuses on electronic trading and technology innovation within the futures industry. RCG began developing an Internet-accessible trading platform in 2004 and introduced RCG Onyx in 2006.
After MF Global Holdings Ltd. declared bankruptcy in late October 2011, CME Group announced that MF Global customer segregated account positions would be transferred to two or more of the following five clearing members in good standing: ABN AMRO Clearing Chicago, ADM Investor Services, Dorman Trading, FC Stone, R.J. O'Brien & Associates, and/or Rosenthal Collins Group.
In 2013, the firm built a new data center that is co-located with exchanges, technology providers and other telecom infrastructure firms. The service provides access to more than 130 network service providers along with links to exchanges, clearinghouses, brokers and financial institutions.
The company's co-founder, Leslie Rosenthal, passed away on Sept. 16, 2017 at the age of 84.
The other co-founder of RCG, Bob Collins, passed away in September of 2019 at the age of 77.
Products and Services
RCG is a direct clearing member of all major U.S. futures exchanges and has access to global markets through a network of correspondent relationships. Its trading capabilities encompass futures and options on futures, as well as the global cash foreign exchange markets.
The firm provides trading execution, clearing, brokerage, institutional foreign exchange (FX), managed futures services and a full range of electronic trading services. RCG has a wide range of institutional, commercial, professional and retail customers around the world, as well as a network of more than 150 introducing broker and correspondent brokerage relationships.
RCG introduced managed futures services in January of 2007.
In 2017, the firm expanded on its New York presence with the establishment of new Structured Products and Institutional Foreign Exchange divisions. RCG appointed Brian Ager president of the firm’s new Institutional Foreign Exchange (FX) Division in New York.
RCG offers its own electronic futures trading platform, RCG Onyx Plus, multiple additional front-end applications, and a variety of industry standard solutions for automated trading and risk management. Its services are backed up by an off-site data center that provides infrastructure redundancy for business continuity.
- RCG Onyx Plus - the downloadable application for futures trading;
- RCG Onyx Plus WebTrade - trade from anywhere with an internet connection;
- RCG FIX API – connectivity and data for futures trading systems;
- RCG Server Hosting Solutions – RCG’s infrastructure for custom futures trading platforms;
- RCG Passport – allows real-time monitoring of online futures trading accounts;
It also offers other trading platforms as well for customers.
- Jason Manumaleuna, Chief Executive Officer
- Patrick Carey, Executive Vice President, Head of Operations
- Michael Conti, Executive Vice President & Chief Legal Counsel
- K. Sean Frey, Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer
- Matthew Straight, Executive Vice President and Chief Information Officer
222 W Adams St., Suite 450 Chicago, IL 60606
80 Broad Street, Suite 703 New York, NY 10004
- Rosenthal Collins Group - NFA ID 0000756
- ↑ Historical Timeline. RCG.
- ↑ Marex Spectron To Acquire Chicago-Based FCM Rosenthal Collins Group's Customer Business. RCG.
- ↑ Bakkt Acquisition Accelerates Plan to Streamline Consumer Payments. Fortune.
- ↑ Who We Are. Rosenthal Collins.
- ↑ Re: Notification of Post-Relief Transfer Pursuant to Commission Regulations 190.02(a)(2) and 190.06(g)(2)(i). CFTC.
- ↑ Insight -Two firms flourish in frenzied MF Global aftermath. Reuters.
- ↑ Technology Overview. RCG.
- ↑ Rosenthal Collins Group Statement on the Passing of Futures Industry Pioneer Les Rosenthal. RCG.
- ↑ RCG Division of Marex Spectron Statement on the Passing of Futures Industry Pioneer J. Robert Collins. Rosenthal Collins Group.
- ↑ Exchange Access. RCG.
- ↑ Historical Timeline. Rosenthal Collins Group.
- ↑ RCG Appoints Hilton Sheng to Head New Structured Products Division. RCG.
- ↑ Rosenthal Collins Group Names Brian Ager President of New Institutional Foreign Exchange Division. RCG.